Project Editor at Offensive Security Services
at Offensive Security
Reporting to the Director of Content Development and Research, the Project Editor works closely with researchers, developers and Technical Editors to shape and implement Offensive Security training content. The Project Editor is the primary wordsmith for all Offensive Security training content, ensuring solid flow, clarity, precision, approachable as well as consistent voice and tone. Project Editor must have a strong technical grasp of all assigned content.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Traditional editing skills
- Reviews and updates content for clarity, punctuation, and grammar
- Adapts flow, order and structure of documents for clarity when appropriate
- Suggests and implements scope or approach changes
- Ensures a consistent tone and voice across all content
- Technical Editing skills
- Clarifies or adapts technical content, making it approachable and clear for all student skill levels where appropriate
- Avoids modifications which introduce technical ambiguities, technical errors or syntactical errors
- Repairs minor syntactical and accuracy errors
- Redirects larger technical additions or clarifications to Content Owner or Technical Editor
- Native English-language speakers with a high fluency in listening, speaking, reading and writing or ESL (English as a Second Language) candidates with advanced or higher equivalency in accordance with ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages)
- 3-5 years Information Security related technical training / experience
- 3-5 years of technical writing and editing experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, and page composition skills
This is a full-time position that will be performed from a home office. This position requires accessibility to Offensive Security systems and interfaces, and adherence to all security protocols and policies.
The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer screen, extensive reading, and visual inspection involving small defects. This is sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 lbs of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!