Website PPD - Pharmaceutical Product Development
Programmer Analyst- home or office based in United States – 137259
The Programmer Analyst is a computer programming position working with clinical trials data. Provides programming support for some or all of the following activities:
- Creation and maintenance of programs used for data entry, data management, data validation, statistical report generation, and program validation
- Assists Data Management and Biostatistics with developing tools and techniques for improving process efficiencies
- Communicates effectively within a multi-disciplinary project team to complete assigned tasks on time and within budget
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in computer science, statistics, biostatistics, mathematics or related field and
- Minimum 2 years of programming experience and
- 1 year of clinical research or related experience and
- Database management and SAS programming experience
- PL/SQL programming experience is preferred
- Or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills and abilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages
- Knowledge of relational data base structure and experience working with complex data systems
- Experience demonstrating a strong attention to detail
- Experience demonstrating leadership ability and ability to work on a multi-disciplinary project team
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to effectively organize and manage multiple assignments with challenging timelines
- Ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities
- Positive attitude and the ability to work well with others
- Demonstrated initiative and motivation
- Ability to mentor Associate Programmer in nuances of clinical trials programming
- Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
- Occasional drives to site locations with occasional travel both domestic and international.
- Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Frequent mobility required.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
- Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
Organization – Biostatistics
Primary Location – North America-United States