Program Manager, Innovation Hub at DentaQuest
PROGRAM MANAGER, INNOVATION HUB (REMOTE)
- Location: United States
- Remote Opportunity:Yes
- Requisition Number:3366
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
The Program Manager, Innovation Hub – Catalyst plays a critical role in our open innovation efforts to manage and build the capability to scout and search for leading trends impacting the oral health ecosystem. This role is responsible for identifying, evaluating and securing relevant trends, emerging technologies, and products found in laboratories and early stage companies, venture capital organizations, large companies and universities. Also responsible for creating partnership opportunities through which to develop and maintain relationships with external research communities and experts supporting the acceleration of technology transfer relevant to DentaQuest and the Impact Group.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Innovation, you will develop and manage the efforts and support the creation of strategic opportunities identified through the discovery and definition phase of the innovation process funnel. You will work with an interdisciplinary group of experts in the field of clinical oral health research, human-centered design, and business strategy. Together with other groups responsible for advancing innovation within the business, you will help to foster our thought leadership in relevant areas of technology, business, and strategy.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Identifies and evaluates new and emerging technological trends.
- Performs technology scouting relevant to oral health innovation.
- Compiles trend and technology reports in selected fields and categories on an annual, quarterly, and continued basis to inform Impact Inc. strategy.
- Develops a database of all potential innovation ecosystem constituents and partners.
- Manages primary research with key innovation ecosystem constituents to identifying main oral health innovation opportunity areas, needs, gaps and desired modes of interaction.
- Draws key research and data insights and organizing them to leverage thought leadership, innovation programming, strategic focus and partnerships.
- Supports the development of the Innovation Hub construct and related innovation programming to engage key oral health ecosystem players and advance Impact Inc. strategy.
- Communicates with key ecosystem players to gauge interest in innovation programs, leveraging existing network and identifying and developing new relationships.
- Maintains tracking of outreach and cross-functional communication, including coordinating innovation activities.
- Analyzes and creates intellectual property roadmaps gained through trend research.
- Networks with startups, corporations, venture capital communities, and universities.
- Manages timelines and capacities to handle multiple project tasks at a time.
- Works in close collaboration with Executive Director and high communication with peers.
- Cultivates partnerships and an exchange network with other innovation teams.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Design, Research, Science or Business Discipline.
- 4-7 years of experience related to technology scouting, trend research, innovation, development and competitive benchmarking.
- 3-5 years of proven track record of product innovation achievement
- Strong competence in performing intellectual property and technical due diligence.
- Strong aptitude for working with a broad range of scientific and innovative disciplines.
- Excellent networking skills, creative, deductive and entrepreneurial thinking.
- Strong willingness to learn and gain knowledge competencies in various fields.
- Strong ability to translate discovery insights into viable opportunities.
- Excellent computing skills in MS Office Suite and Innovation Management software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Responsible, self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and conceptualization skills including visualization of ideas.
- Ability to structure, illustrate and communicate concepts and ideas into reports and presentations in a practicable manner.
- Attends additional training as requested/deemed necessary
- Master’s Degree in a Design, Research, Science or Business Discipline.
- 3-5 years project management experience
- 3-5 years of project development experience within research and development
- Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
- Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
- Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer).
- Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
- Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!