Program Manager at Move for Hunger
Over the past 12 years, Move For Hunger has grown and mobilized a network of more than 1,100 moving companies across the US & Canada to collect food and deliver it to food banks and pantries. Collectively, we have fed more than 20 million people with our work.
Our ideal candidate will work to recruit and onboard new moving and transportation partners to join our network while further engaging the 1,000+ already involved. This person will collaborate with our transportation team and report to the Director of Programming. We are seeking a proactive individual who is well-organized, understands how to prioritize, and able to delegate in a busy office environment. This person should be creative, comfortable speaking in front of groups, and excited to travel (when it’s safe to do so) to industry trade shows to help recruit and recognize our partners making an impact.
35% of food produced in the US ends up in landfills while 42 million Americans struggle with hunger. This role is an opportunity to build upon the foundation we’ve started and help make donating your food when you move the industry standard. Here are some key job functions for this role:
- Playing a key role in membership management for the mover program including enrollment, retention, and engagement processes
- Monthly reporting and dashboards for the mover program
- Managing heavy phone & email communications, data entry, and document creation
- Assist with major food transports and logistics
- Travel to industry conferences, speak about Move For Hunger’s mission and recruit new members
- Strengthen relationships with key industry associations
- Managing processes through Salesforce database
- Someone who is unquestioningly proactive and has the ability to manage tasks as a group and independently
- Someone who is extremely comfortable talking on the phone and presenting at conferences
- Someone who is willing and able to learn new skills
- Someone who has strong written and verbal communication skills, and who can effectively and accurately represent Move For Hunger both online and off
- Someone who is a great multi-tasker
- Someone who is incredibly organized, detail oriented, and enjoys optimizing processes
- Someone who is driven to make the world a better place!
- Bonus if you are someone with a working knowledge of Salesforce
- Bonus if you are someone who has worked at a trade association
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic)
- Unlimited Vacation/Time Off Policy
- Work From Home
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!