Remote Professional Fee Coding Consultant
Medical Coding Services
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review medical records as assigned for complete and accurate documentation of all relevant diagnoses and procedures
- Responsible to code ICD-10 diagnoses and CPT procedures (no ICD-10 procedures) for facility and professional fee coding for cardiology cases including but not limited to – cardiac catheterizations, TAVR and EPS.
- Adhere to guidelines as set forth by AAPC and AHIMA
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all patient information in accordance with HIPAA
- Work closely with the client, co-workers and management to meet the specific needs of each assignment in alignment with Intellis’ core values
- Effectively utilize computer software based on the specific client requirements
- Candidate must possess a credential such as CCS, CCS-P, CPC, CPC-H, CIRCC, RHIT or RHIA.
- Minimum 5 years of coding experience.
- Strong analytical skills to clinically evaluate the medical record
- Ability to use a PC for medical record review along with proficiency utilizing Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to communicate effectively with Intellis management and clients to ensure that we continue our mission of minding the business of healthcare
- Strong organizational, analytic and problem-solving abilities and techniques required along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently from your home.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Short and Long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Competitive pay rates
- Fantastic team atmosphere
- Continuing Educational Opportunities
- Paid holidays
- Paid education days