Modern Tribe is looking for a seasoned Product Strategist to join our growing team.
The Product Strategist role at Modern Tribe works with our customers to help focus business objectives, develop and interpret project goals, and translates them into executable plans for our teams. This requires a broad understanding of business strategy, software/website development, and technology. The Product Strategist helps our customers understand how technology can be used to accomplish their objectives. The Product Strategist and the Project Manager are our primary intersections with our customers.
The Product Strategist defines what we are building and why we are building it. They support the design and development teams in defining how we are executing to meet the project definition. You will be leading projects between 100k – 1M+ for world renowned brands.
Scoping and product management / strategy experience are a must-have for this role; Modern Tribe is not interested in candidates lacking proven experience in end-to-end delivery of high-value products at this time.
Modern Tribe is committed to a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. We foster an environment of collaboration, open engagement, fairness and respect regardless of differences in age, race, disability, national origin, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. As a hybrid workspace ranging from distributed contractors to traditional employees, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of our global team.
We come from all walks of life. We are small business owners. We are tattoo aficionados and 80’s movie buffs and ex-pats. We are homeschool teachers. We are single parents. We are musicians, college drop-outs, and entrepreneurs. We are travelers, feminists, runners, volunteers, and makers. We are a Modern Tribe.
Everyday we strive to fulfill our motto: live well and do good work. We hope you will consider joining us.
Specific tasks this will include:
- Develop and facilitate a strong relationship between the client and Modern Tribe
- Own the discovery and ideation phase of product development
- Product roadmap and backlog management
- Product and feature definition and scoping
- Information architecture, content modeling, and taxonomy definition
- User Profile Development & User Flow Documentation
- Review and sign off on features & outcomes
- Customer relationship leadership, management, customer advocate, upselling
- Participation in team meetings and initiatives
- Participation in discipline initiatives
- Strong communication and/or experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, with a methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Fluent English speaker
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Understanding the lifecycle of digital projects
- Able to build, spec, and maintain a backlog
- Experience leading teams
- Working understanding of digital technologies (web and mobile)
- Deep and profound love for spreadsheets and documentation
- Experience leading enterprise projects ($100k-$1million)
- Experience launching new products
- Experience working with a development team using both Agile and waterfall methodologies
- Comfort presenting and leading enterprise stakeholders
Additional Experience (Bonus Points)
- Deeper experience in:
- Development – solid understanding of WordPress content models and publishing flow, understanding of key web dev technologies and their strengths and weaknesses
- Design – UX, visual, or brand
- Marketing – campaign development, messaging, and copywriting
- UX & IA Skills wireframing tools, site mapping tools
- Experience in interpreting analytics
- Content Strategy methodologies and best practices
- Familiarity with multiple project management methodologies
- A confidence + comfort for working remotely
- Agency Experience
Work from anywhere in the US or Canada; if you are in Central or South America, let’s talk. This will be a 100% remote position. If your working hours are in a timezone outside of the US range, but you work 4+ hours of overlap each day our team might be able to consider your application.
The strategist role at Modern Tribe is a contract role. Pay range is between $50-$65 US per hour commensurate with qualifications and experience. We are currently looking for freelance contractors about 15-20 hours a week for this gig.
Modern Tribe has been shaped as a lifestyle company: we exist to provide our team members with work that supports the lifestyles they want to see. We offer consistency in expectations, payment, support and a flexible work schedule. We believe in learning from each other and fostering personal growth. You can expect to learn a lot while working with us.
You also get to come on our awesome annual team trip.
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).
Who You Are
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work primarily with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
- HAPPY – Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- HELPFUL – Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- CURIOUS – It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- ACCOUNTABLE – Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.