Product Marketing Director at Jimdo
Product Marketing Director (m/f/d)
- Hamburg, DE – Remote OK
At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be, because we have been in their position. That’s where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It’s the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you’re motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
We are happy to invite you to work with us in our office in Hamburg or permanently remote from any location. Wherever your working location of choice will be, we will make sure you get proper onboarding (virtual or in person) and that you are fully equipped to become part of the team from day one.
Regarding candidates who want to relocate to Hamburg: Due to COVID our offices are temporarily closed. We will invite you to start working with us from your current location for the time being. Once the borders are reopened, and the Embassies accept visa applications again, we will initiate the relocation process to Hamburg. Until then, you will be invited to work with us remotely with a temporary contract.
You will drive Jimdo’s product positioning and demand creation including driving brand awareness, unifying product messaging and creating new campaigns to drive customers growth, engagement and retention.
- You will own the Go-To-Market strategy and launch execution for Jimdo’s new products, features and services.
- You will collaborate with Jimdo leadership team to develop and implement product strategy and roadmap.
- You will develop marketing strategies and briefs that tie back to overall Jimdo strategy and direction.
- You will lead, gather and analyse market opportunities, quantitative and qualitative data, user feedback, and critical business KPIs to drive effective decision-making across the company.
- You will produce high-quality campaigns for product launches, feature releases, strategic changes and more.
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive successful product development and overall alignment on product-related topics.
- You will be an advocate for the Jimdo product portfolio and competitive landscape to define the directions, threats and market opportunities for current and future growth.
- You will work closely with the Product & Engineering, Customer Support, User Research, Data and Marketing teams to translate the products and capabilities into customer value.
- You will develop an in-depth understanding of the needs and pains of the user and come up with the solutions that can help to focus on the best customer experience.
- You will dive deep into data and analyse the customer usage data as well as market potential.
- You will lead Jimdo’s product positioning process and make sure the value propositions and messaging is translated into effective channels.
- You will lead direct reports, strategic projects and serve as a trusted advocate for the product to Jimdo leadership.
- 10 years of overall work experience in technology, marketing, consulting or business strategy, with at least 5 in a product marketing capacity.
- 5 years of experience in a leadership role with a proven track record of strong decision-making, driving strategic direction and managing people.
- Experience in leading cross-functional projects/teams with stakeholders from both technology and business.
- A proven track record of making strategic recommendations to department and Jimdo leadership.
- Experience in designing and executing on A/B tests to guide data-informed decisions.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think creatively, take initiative and deliver tangible results.
- Must be able to communicate in fluent German and very well in English
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don’t discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, color, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We’re a diverse team in so many ways, and we love it that way.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!