Product Manager, Digital Health at Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America - CCFA
Product Manager, Digital Health (Remote)
Job Location: Remote
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Job Category: Research
Product Manager, Digital Health
Impact a multimillion-dollar transformative initiative, IBD Plexus, designed to accelerate to better diagnostics, treatments and, ultimately, cures for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
About IBD Plexus
The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation is on a mission to cure Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and to improve the quality of life of people with these diseases, collectively known as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). The Foundation recognizes every patient journey with IBD is unique and is leveraging technology and data integration to advance the science toward precision medicine in IBD. The Foundation has built IBD Plexus – a state-of-the-art data exchange platform – which allows researchers to dramatically accelerate research.
IBD Plexus is a research platform that leverages various sources of data, including patient-reported, clinical case report forms, and electronic health records, and linked biosamples, collected through diverse research studies conducted at sites around the country. This groundbreaking initiative enables academic and industry researchers to access these data and samples to accelerate toward better treatments and cures.
The Foundation is looking for an experienced product manager who will play an integral role in the success of IBD Plexus. The product manager will divide their time between different patient-facing and clinician-facing IBD Plexus technologies and work with cross-functional teams from within and outside of the Foundation, including IBD Plexus vendors to maximize the value of IBD Plexus to its stakeholders. S/he will have excellent project management skills and be responsible for managing scope and timelines to ensure that new product capabilities and enhancements get rolled out on time and within budget.
The product manager will possess strong interpersonal skills, be team-oriented, and thrive in a fast-paced and complex environment. In addition, the product manager will have demonstrated ability to work in a very fluid environment managing shifting priorities and demands.
This position reports to the Associate Director, Digital Health & Engagement and will interact with the Foundation’s senior leadership team and external scientific advisors.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Manage patient-facing and clinician-facing product(s) for the IBD Plexus program
- Own and prioritize product roadmap that focuses on the customer while meeting business goals
- Identify areas where data can be used to better inform product decisions; use data to measure the effectiveness and value of new IBD Plexus product capabilities
- Represent the technical team in cross-team meetings to discuss trade-offs and evaluate ideas
- Perform optimization activities and suggest improvements to enhance clinician, site coordinator and patient experiences
- Assist in the prioritization of IBD Plexus-related products by assessing, stakeholder, regulatory, clinical and technical considerations
- Liaise between clinical study program managers, IT department and vendors, translating stakeholder needs into technical requirements
- Manage the status and timeline of project deliverables, including project plans, requirements specifications, budgets, training plans, adoption and risk mitigation plans
- Elicit, document, analyze and validate solution requirements
- Inspire the Foundation team with clear product vision while working cross-functionally to bring features from conceptual ideas to life
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, scientific, or quantitative field
- 4+ years working in healthcare / life sciences field
- 3+ years demonstrated product management experience from strategy to delivery through adoption
- Ability to understand end user needs and user experience in a science-based research environment
- Thorough understanding of software development life cycle processes and methodologies
- Clinical data management software experience (e.g., electronic data capture systems, clinical trial data mgt systems, etc.)
- Excellent problem identification, analysis, and solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter, willingness to learn various technical skills, resourcefulness
- Highly motivated and independent
Preferred skill set:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a startup or other fast-paced environment
- Strong business acumen in pharmaceutical sector and patient medical services
- Knowledge of and/or experience with drug discovery and development process
- Business transformation and change management awareness
- Solid understanding of data protection policies like HIPAA and privacy compliance governing cloud-based technologies
- Experience working with Product Management software (JIRA, Asana, etc.)
- Experience using agile development methodologies with distributed teams
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!