Product Manager – Data at Puppet
Title: Product Manager – Data
- Location: Remote, North America
Hi, I’m Carol Wilder, VP of Product Management at Puppet,
I’m looking for a Product Manager to join our team and play a critical role in defining and communicating Puppet’s reporting, analytics, observability, and machine learning strategy as part of our goal to empower the global 5k IT organizations in gaining the ever-necessary actionable insights into their infrastructure and team performance.
At Puppet, Product Management plays a central role in driving product prioritization and business objectives by collaborating with user experience, engineering and go-to-market teams. Our team works across all levels of Puppet and our customer’s organizations; engaging with executive stakeholders and with highly technical developers and practitioners. You’ll do your best work at Puppet with incredibly talented and passionate people from all walks of life!
Meaningful work you’ll contribute:
- Manage Puppet’s infrastructure data, analytics, reporting, and machine learning strategy.
- Understand and effectively communicate customer challenges related to IT inventory reporting, change management and remediation, as well as business and team performance reporting.
- Develop strategies to best leverage machine learning to enhance the intelligence of our applications.
- Perform competitive analysis and communicate how to best position our solutions relative to others in our target markets.
- Represent the customer by understanding their needs and being their champion. With a constant pulse on the market, customers, competitors, and technology trends, you are uniquely positioned to discover and develop market-leading solutions.
- Serve as a product manager, participating in one or more cross-functional teams that collaborate to iteratively define, build, test, document and launch capabilities in our products that unlock additional value via customer-centric solutions.
- Collect and analyze data from a variety of sources to identify underlying patterns and opportunities.
- Collaborate with the team to create clearly prioritized, documented, and communicated product roadmaps, agile stories, and acceptance criteria.
- Partner cross-functionally with professional services, user experience, software engineering, and GTM teams to deliver maximum customer value.
- The customer’s champion. We serve our customers by managing their expectations and delivering what we promise.
- An entrepreneurial-minded and curious spirit you enjoy the challenge of expanding new territory and have a passion for assessing the quickly changing market and ecosystem. You thrive in ambiguity while striving to continuously reduce ambiguity for others.
- A team player you understand product development is a challenge best tackled as a team effort. You effectively partner with your engineering, UX/UI, Sales, and Marketing counterparts effectively utilizing their expertise.
- A skilled negotiator with a knack for identifying the right solutions that best address customers’ needs and articulating the value propositions. You are comfortable leading with influence, not authority – a great product manager rallies a team behind solving the customer’s problem, not dictating what they do.
- Scrappy and self-directed. You are skilled at autonomously driving projects in a startup environment with minimal guidance and limited resources while having a ton of freedom and creativity to continue moving forward. You roll up your sleeves and drive execution and results.
Valuable experiences and skills you’ll bring to Puppet:
- 2-5+ years of Product Manager experience, preferably within an agile environment.
- Experience in delivering often and iteratively towards a vision.
- A proven track record for working well across remote teams.
- Working knowledge of agile software delivery with an understanding of Enterprise IT, DevOps or relevant tools.
- Experience in the IT infrastructure and automation market.
Bonus, but not required (shout about it in your application if you have experience):
- Experience with Puppet or related solutions in the DevOps space is strongly desired. Knowledge of Enterprise IT, DevOps and relevant tools are a strong plus.
- Experience using enterprise observability systems and technologies such as distributed tracing, asset discovery, reporting and analytics, and centralized logging.
- Experience leading the development of applications that use machine learning.
We are hiring at various experience levels and we’re particularly interested in having a diverse team with a broad set of skills and viewpoints. If this seems like your dream job, but you’re not sure if you meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Puppet’s core mission is to eliminate soul crushing work. We created the industry standard for managing infrastructure as code. And we didn’t stop there our product portfolio has grown to help organizations automate across their entire software delivery lifecycle. With more than two-thirds of Fortune 100 companies using Puppet’s open source or commercial products, our code is helping power thousands of organizations across the world.
As the industry leader in DevOps solutions, we realize that our success is a collective effort; all made possible by the incredible people working here, our customers, partners, and Puppet community. Our culture is built on positivity, diversity, inclusivity and support and we seek people who are resilient, entrepreneurial-minded, team players who continually strive to be incrementally better every single day. In our work together we aim to be curious, accountable, empathetic and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like the environment you’d thrive in, why not say hello?
Learn more about Puppet by checking out the values we live by and the awesome benefits and perks we offer employees!
Puppet is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!