Product Manager at Network for Good
Title: Product Manager
Location: Washington 20036 United States
This position can be located in Washington, DC (HQ) or any US City (teleworking position).
A day in the life?
In this role, you will be managing a continually growing transaction processing and disbursements platform. Drawing from your past experience with online transaction processing and payments, you will be working cross-functionally with many other departments to understand their needs and jobs that they are trying to accomplish and will be looking for innovative and cost-effective solutions to help support the continual growth of the company.
You will work directly with product team members and development teams to balance the needs of maintaining and improving the platform against other strategic initiatives. You will collaborate with development counterparts to document requirements, work-flows, and systems to bring ideas to life. You will manage the platform software development life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities, and should be comfortable communicating with internal teams and key stakeholders.
We’re looking for process-driven product manager who can:
- Champion a vision for our growing platform balancing the needs for stability, security, compliance, and innovation.
- Evaluate all new feature requests against product goals to accurately prioritize and schedule them.
- Research and propose solutions to mitigate fraud, attacks and otherwise maintain PCI compliance.
- Utilize JIRA for managing changes and handling requests for all platform changes and enhancements.
- Implement sustainable and agile practices to balance production support needs against strategic initiates and critical projects.
- Manage bottlenecks, resolve escalations, anticipate and make feature trade-offs, and balance the business needs against technical constraints.
- Champion good usability, testing practices, and measurements of success.
- Become an expert on our platform to act as second tier support to business teams.
- Work cross functionally with teams across the business including Product, Development, IT, Finance and Operations, Partners and Support.
- You are well educated! You have at least a Bachelor’s degree. Curriculum in systems thinking and process discipline is a plus.
- You have up to date experience! You have 5+ years’ experience in a related product management position.
- You have previously worked for a financial product or payment processing system/software company.
- You have a “Can Do” Attitude! You are a creative problem solver, experienced in finding efficient solutions and working with many areas of a business. You can multi-task several projects at once while coordinating communication across teams.
- You like innovation! You look for ways to improve processes and to work smarter, not harder! You have the ability to ramp quickly, are a self-learner, work at a fast pace and prioritize a workload.
Who are we? In short, we help non-profits unleash generosity!
We believe nonprofits have important missions and deserve great software to power their fundraising and fuel their missions. We use data, technology, and the power of networks to eliminate the daily fundraising grind that most leaders endure. Network for Good provides Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) fundraising solutions that have delivered over $2.54 billion to more than 300,000 charities since 2001.
Why we’re hiring? In short, because we are growing!
We’re growing our team so we can provide more nonprofits with simple solutions to power the good they do. Network for good is a hybrid organization a nonprofit-owned for-profit. In 2013, we became a Certified B Corporation. We have been able to invest in and enhance our offerings and we’re just getting started!
What can you expect?
You can expect, growth and innovation and to have fun along the way. You will not only be rewarded for your personal achievements, but you will also have the opportunity to be part of an organization that lives by its motto every day: Do Good. Feel Good.
We’ve got perks, too! How about ‘Feel Good’ Flexible Time Off, Volunteer Paid Time Off and your birthday as Holiday? 401(k) with match, stock options, commuter stipend and fantastic health insurance, too! We’re also a jeans every day workplace!
Candidates submitting an application must have authorization to work in the United States and for Network for Good. Network for Good does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Network for Good is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital or parental status, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!