Product Designer at DockYard
- Remote job
Who We Are
DockYard is looking for a bright, motivated individual to join the design team as a Product Designer at our remote digital product studio. Our ideal candidate enjoys using design thinking to understand problems in order to address them with intuitive solutions.
At DockYard, design drives digital product innovation. Our product designers collaborate with clients, users and teammates to create accessible web-based products built with cutting-edge technologies and shaped by data-informed insights.
What We Do
DockYard is a digital product consultancy partnering with user-centered organizations to craft impactful, inclusive, and reliable digital experiences.
Our collaborative team of experienced product strategists, engineers and designers help clients gain a deeper understanding of their users. Armed with those insights, we use future-forward technologies and approaches to design and engineer meaningful experiences for companies and the people they serve.
From ideation to realization, we enable ambitious teams to accelerate lasting product innovation.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams of designers, UX developers, engineers and client partners, among others
- Conduct research, co-facilitate workshops and help synthesize findings into actionable insights that help projects move from ambiguity to clarity
- Gather relevant data, existing insights, technical considerations, business objectives and user needs to design innovative solutions
- Take ownership of and responsibility for your work, from research and ideation to visualization and implementation
- Produce and iterate on multiple concepts and prototypes, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to change paths and try another approach
- You have at least 3 years of experience designing at a consultancy, agency, studio or digital product company; experience designing for mobile is a plus
- You believe in design’s ability to help individuals as well as organizations, and want to design inclusive, accessible products that improve lives while achieving business goals
- You are a clear communicator who can help establish guidelines, brainstorm concepts, explain your designs and convince others of your reasoning
- You are a perceptive designer who thinks about product design in terms of experiences, systems and flows before designing wireframes, screens and components
- You rely on research and insights to drive your design decisions
- You are curious, creative, compassionate and collaborative
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!