Product Designer at Outer Labs
- Work from Home, Remote City, Anywhere, United States, Remote City, Anywhere, United States
Outer Labs (https://outerlabs.io) is a small, dynamic company that is passionate about developing technology related to the built environment. Our work is a mixture of custom software development for forward-thinking technology companies that want to radically change the process of how buildings are created, and software development for our own product that empowers people to better engage with their physical space. We are a 100% distributed company with people in such varied places as San Francisco, St. George, Irvine, Seattle, and Lake Tahoe. We believe people should lead balanced lives, and live/work from a place that brings them joy. Come join our growing team!
Outer Labs is building software tools for professionals in the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction field that have the potential to radically reshape how buildings are designed, constructed, and occupied. Imagine what might be possible if we could rapidly design and modify spaces based on how people actually use them.
We are actively seeking a talented, creative, and pragmatic product designer to join our growing team. We are a small team of creative professionals distributed across the entire planet, solving problems we care about. You’ll work on a wide variety of problems across our portfolio of products. Your voice and influence on design is expected to make our products the best they can be.
What You’ll Do:
- Create design concepts, mockups and prototypes for Outer Labs software.
- Collaborate with other disciplines on our team, including product, engineering, and business development.
- Set design requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers.
- Present product ideas to relevant team members for brainstorming.
- Suggest improvements to design and performance to product engineers.
- Employ design concepts into clickable prototypes.
- Modify and revise existing designs to meet customer expectations.
- Identify opportunities for new products.
- Analyze how a new product ties in with market needs and consumer preferences.
- Develop user personas and usage scenarios.
- Analyze user feedback and activity, and iterate to enhance the user experience.
- Conduct design research and customer analysis.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems.
- Conduct usability testing.
- Relevant work experience as a Product Designer or similar role.
- Portfolio of design projects.
- Experience or interest in AEC (Architecture, Engineering, & Construction) is a huge plus.
- Experience with wireframing and design programs (Photoshop, Sketch, Zeplin, or similar).
- Experience with interactive prototyping tools is a plus (Origami, Framer, or similar)
- Strong knowledge of the industry and market trends.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent eye for aesthetic design and customer appeal.
- Ability to work within deadlines and budgets.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 paid company holidays
- Computer and home office setup of your choice, or access to a co-working space if it is needed
- Healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employee & dependents. We cover 85% of the cost for employee, and 75% of the cost for dependents
- Flexible working hours
- 100% remote working
- Paid parental leave for all new parents
Outer Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!