Magic: Product Designer
- Remote OK
Product Designer at Magic
*This is a fully remote role working with a dispersed team.
Location: Remote – California Bay Area preferred, open to North America or Asia timezones. You must have at least a 4-hour time zone overlap with PST (GMT -7) or the PHT (GMT +8).
Comp Range: $80,000 – $100,000
- Employee equity: 0.02% to 0.04%
- Magic will purchase the hardware setup of your choice
- Unlimited vacation
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, 401k
Do you love creating moments of delight for users? Do you obsess over usability? Do you get that design is a living, moving experience that isn’t static? Then we may have just the role for you. At Magic, we love designers who make the complex, simple; and create experiences that resonate emotionally with users.
We want to provide excellent virtual assistance to as many people as possible. Our goal is to make people’s lives better by enabling them to offload tasks to high-quality personal assistants, so they can spend more time doing what they want and accomplish more. (https://getmagic.com/)
Why this role exists:
Reporting to the Head of Product, this role will initially be product design-focused, but we’re looking for a product designer who can also put on their user experience hat.
What’s in it for me?:
Join as the first dedicated designer and have an outsized role in the next chapter of our product, by understanding that design is a holistic craft – the alchemy of interactions, visuals, and brand. The details aren’t just the details, they are the product. The best interactions aren’t noticed by a user because the design gets out of their way.
- 4+ years experience working as a Product/UI Designer
- Cross-platform design experiences (Android, iOS, web, email)
- Advanced experience with image compositing and retouching in Photoshop
- Solid knowledge of the creative process at high quality, and to specification
- Lo-fi & hi-fi prototyping skills
- Expert understanding of the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, and proportion
- You will design elegant UIs, animation, and graphics for Magic across platforms: web, iOS, Android
- You will partner with Product Managers, Engineers, and Product Marketers to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and launch new products and services
- You will design dynamic flows & interactions for a global audience across platforms
- You will strategize and design for product marketing campaigns
- You will define the product design strategy for a product area and work with Head of Product and cross-functional partners to drive consensus across teams
- You will assist the Product team in implementing precise product design
- You will create and manage asset libraries for reusable, systematic design
- You will create, maintain and evolve product design guidelines for Magic
Core Competencies + Skills:
- Basic level understanding of HTML & CSS
- Ability to work with a design system; its curation, maintenance, and dissemination
- Self-motivated, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC suite, Sketch, Figma, and other industry-standard creative tools
- Prototyping experience with applications Principal, Flinto, Framer or Invision
- Highly detail-oriented, with a drive for perfection down to the last pixel
- Excellent organization and presentation skills to structure your presentations and documents in a way that can be easily understood and modified by others
- Problem solver that requires very little guidance on projects; thrives in a fast-paced environment
Magic is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.