Product Design Lead – UX-UI at Travelers
Product Design Lead ( UX / UI ) Remote
- Job ID: R-1493
- Job Category: Technology
- Location: Hartford, CT
- Additional Locations: Nationwide
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description Summary
Are you driven by crafting delightful experiences and advocating for the user? Are you a strategic thinker who cares deeply about the details? Do you love to collaborate cross-functionally, innovate and experiment to learn as you go? If this sounds like you, keep reading to learn about a great opportunity on our Digital Self Service Design Team.
In this role, you will be part of a team of experienced designers and researchers working with product managers, business architects and business and IT leaders to understand business goals, generate user insights and translate business and user needs into highly engaging experiences that will transform customer-focused service expectations.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Support product managers and product owners by understanding key business objectives and setting the design strategy accordingly.
- Identify, plan and lead design discovery activities that are critical to a design team’s success.
- Understand the importance that people, products, processes and partners play in an enterprise setting.
- Ensure exceptional craftsmanship in human-centered design artifacts including personas, user flows, IA maps, pattern comps, prototypes and more.
- Analyzing diverse inputs and finding patterns in the complexity.
- Work closely with developers on our team to create accessible, standards-compliant, reusable interface patterns that are production ready.
- Help lead the team in continuous improvement efforts, introducing opportunities to make our work more effective.
- Facilitating group problem framing and sketching sessions with stakeholders.
- Define user stories and run experiments to determine the best means of delivering value.
- Provide input to practice and product leadership to ensure that we have adequate capacity for sustaining and advancing the design system.
- Serve as a leader in our experience design practice helping recruit new members, coach junior designers, and build a mature, high-performing design group.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, psychology, human factors, social sciences or related field or 5 years of User Experience work experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Typical incumbent experience level 5+ years
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Experience defining questions for, and designing user research studies, conducting research activities, evaluating results and synthesizing clear, actionable insights.
- Mastery of common information architecture and interaction design methods and artifacts such as site maps, taxonomies, flow diagrams, mental models, content inventories, wireframes, etc.
- Proven ability to facilitate workshops and meetings with diverse groups of stakeholders and users, sometimes with minimal planning, and providing a productive, enjoyable, collaborative experience.
- Experience championing and growing a user-centric culture including usability and accessibility standards and practices.
- Familiarity with lean and Agile approaches to creating software, and a desire to learn and improve.
- Experience with creating or working on pattern libraries, style guides or design systems.
- Excellent writing and editing skills and the ability to create clear, simple references and guidelines for complex concepts.
- Ability to use popular software tools for UI design and prototyping, such as Sketch, InVision, Figma, Axure, etc.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to be a change agent in a large, complex organization.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!