Product and Technology Blog Editor at Octane Lending
Product & Technology Blog Editor
Octane is a Fintech company whose mission is to connect people with their passions. The transaction process for large purchases such as powersports, RVs, boats, and home improvements is slow and frustrating, but Octane is changing that through automated underwriting, innovative credit products, and financing through our in-house lender Roadrunner Financial. Octane reaches millions of enthusiasts through editorial brands like Cycle World and Cycle Volta and helps consumers buy their favorite products with instant, frictionless financing on Octane.co. Octane is revolutionizing lending in under-served verticals that account for tens of billions of dollars in annual transactions.
Octane is gaining traction quickly with customers, as evidenced by growth in originations through our platform of more than 2X year-over-year. Octane works with more than 3,500 merchants in the USA and offers promotional financing with low rates for 40 OEM brands. Because we’re the platform and the lender, we have both high growth and positive unit economics – rare for a fintech. We have raised more than $139M in venture capital from leading investors such as IA Ventures, Valar Ventures, and Contour Venture Partners, and our lending securities are rated AA by S&P.
The Octane Product and Technology blog will tell the stories of how our people and our culture—using innovative technology and data science—enable a radically better buying experience for large, financed purchases. As the Octane Product & Technology Blog Editor, you’ll own ideation, the content calendar, and writing posts for our blog. You’ll work directly with team members from all parts of the company to understand the problems they are solving and develop story ideas. You’ll also engage with the product team to copywrite for our dealer- and consumer-facing products. This position reports to the Chief Product Officer and is supported by Octane’s editorial team for sub editing. This position is temp-to-perm.
What You’ll Do
- Create a story arc that helps readers of the blog understand our disruptive products, innovative technologies, massive traction as a business—and the diverse people who make it all happen
- Write the majority of the content in the Octane Product & Technology Blog, based on interviews with team members across the company
- Interview team members in technology, product, UX, data science, risk, and capital markets to understand what we do as a company and develop story ideas and support blog posts
- Own the content calendar and get buy-in on subject matter and focus from company management
- Liaise with the Marketing and People teams to extend content beyond the blog to relevant third-party platforms
- Work with Octane’s editorial team to ensure accuracy and style consistency
- Work with Octane’s marketing team to align content to our brand values and voice
- Work with the product, tech, UX, Marketing, and People teams to develop concise, fun, and clear copy for Octane products and other projects and content
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, followed by 2+ years of experience in a writing role related to technology – with published work you’re proud of
- Mastery of AP, Chicago, APA and/or MLA writing style
- Deep understanding of technology, and the ability to explain complex problems and solutions step-by-step to a layperson
- Polished interviewing skills that allow you to get at the heart of problems and answers
- Highly organized and able to maintain a dynamic content calendar
- Robust Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Up to 5 weeks PTO (self-managed)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan (401k) with Company contribution
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement up to $3K/year
- Powersports Safety Benefit: reimbursement of up to $500/year for the purchase of any powersports safety equipment
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term / Long Term Disability & Life insurance
- Team Activities (remotely)
- Monthly company gift
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!