Product Analyst at Stitch Fix
Title: Product Analyst
Location: Remote, USA
About Stitch Fix
Stitch Fix is the world’s leading online personal styling service, combining data science and human judgment to deliver apparel, shoes, and accessories personalized to its clients’ unique tastes, lifestyles, and budgets. We delight customers with a personalized experience that helps them build a wardrobe that fits their style so they look and feel their best. Over the last 10 years, Stitch Fix has delighted customers with convenient styling services by integrating the power of data science together with human stylists. The company recently expanded its experience beyond the personal styling experience delivered via fixes by adding new offerings including a direct shopping experience in a personalized feed. This new shopping feed represents the beginning of a new chapter for the company, and delivers a superior shopping experience by presenting shoppers with items that fit them and their style. We envision a future in which we continue to disrupt traditional models by leveraging our stylists and our data science capabilities to delight customers in new ways with enhancements .
About the role
Product Analytics is an integral part of the future success of our business. Our clients want clothes that will help them look and feel their best — without the burden of sifting through thousands of items that don’t. As an experienced Product Analyst, you will help to provide the data and insights that will inform our product decisions. You will proactively uncover insights that influence the product roadmap, our merchandising and marketing decisions. You will define and monitor the metrics that best measure the customer experience and are most impactful to the business, design experiments to test hypotheses and inform launch decisions. The role reports to the Director of Product Analytics.
- 4+ years in a product data science or Analyst role
- 2+ years of experience in working with event/log data
- Exceptional coding skill in SQL and in Python
- Experience with data mining, transforming and analyzing data across databases
- Experience in working autonomously and taking ownership of projects.
- Exceptional skill in structuring analyses, dashboard design and data visualizations to communicate meaningful metrics within the business.
- Exceptional communication skills that allow you to effectively distill highly complex data analyses to non-technical business partners.
- Ability to prioritize and focus on the questions that matter most to the business
- Knowledge of statistics (experimental design, statistical analysis, hypothesis testing)
- Experience partnering with product managers and algorithmic data scientists to answer tough business problems
- 2+ years of experience with data visualization tools
- Masters degree in a quantitative field (e.g., statistics, computer science)
- Experience working with product and engineering teams and technologies on platforms with existing, significant user adoption.
- Experience with Spark
- Own analytics, within several development work streams, from KPI definition and data instrumentation design to ongoing reporting, deep-dive and generative research
- Establish curated dashboards that will serve as the primary source of by which the business views results
- Develop data-driven business insights to help make better decisions that power our business by partnering with Product, Engineering, Design, cross functional teams and leadership to drive maximum business impact
- Help define metrics and design event-based analytics implementation by working with Engineering. Audit metric trends and collaborate across product, marketing and merch organizations to inform decisions and future investments.
- Design, Implement and evaluate A/B tests with championing best practice experimentation methodologies to optimize customer journey with our products.
- Run queries to support ad-hoc product questions and create Looker dashboards and other visualizations for stakeholders.
- Understand funnels, user behaviors, and long-term trends in our data to identify opportunities for new features.
Why you’ll love working at Stitch Fix:
- We are a group of people who are bright, kind and motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of Transforming the way people find what they love
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
Employment Type: Full-Time. Location – remote (US) with quarterly travel to San Francisco, CA
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!