Title: Procurement Consultant (Remote Option Available)
- Job Reference #:US249BRR_BH1528317
- Work Type: Full Time
- Employment Type: Temporary
- Category: Administrative/ Clerical
- Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Compensation: From $35.00 to $40.00 USD Per Hour
- Location: Neenah WI
- Industry: Personal and Household Services
- Highest Education: Bachelors Degree
- % of Travel: None
- Shift/Hours: First Shift (Day)
Kelly Services is currently seeking a Procurement Consultant for an American multinational personal care corporation that produces mostly paper-based consumer products.
- Job Title: Procurement Consultant
- Location: Neenah, WI or Roswell, GA or REMOTE
- Type: Temp, potential Temp-To-Hire
- Length: 12/17/18 – 6/16/19 (potential for extension)
- Schedule: M-F, 8am – 5pm
- Pay Rate: $35 – $40 per hour
The Procurement Consultant is responsible for the timely and cost-effective strategic sourcing of complex goods and services in accordance with corporate policies and procedures. This position works closely with the business units regarding the application and integration of procurement philosophies and techniques to meet the needs of internal customer requirements from a category sourcing perspective. This role facilitates senior leader meetings between Company and our strategic suppliers to drive innovation and value creation. The incumbent must be able to articulate a compelling case for strategic sourcing initiatives. Change management skills are critical to success.
Customers and Customer Expectations:
- Broad base of customers that could include: Global Procurement team, business management, finance, A/P, receiving, ITS, transportation, operations, R&D, internal control, marketing, planning, engineering, or other personnel involved in the implementation of business strategies where sourcing plays a role.
- Fully knowledgeable in their commodity or service.
- Develops robust strategies based on this knowledge.
- Serve as a thought leader to the rest of the organization for the strategic sourcing of the categories for which they are responsible.
- Provide timely execution of earlier supplier selection into the product development cycle.
- Procure assigned goods and services which provide the best overall value to Company.
- Develop pricing agreements and systems contracts with suppliers.
- Understanding of contract terms and conditions and the associated risk when changes are made.
- Knowledgeable of market conditions for goods/services purchases.
- Work in conjunction with business units and suppliers to identify new materials to be strategically sourced.
- Lead formal supplier performance management reviews, where applicable.
- Communication of category strategy and status to senior management to ensure alignment.
- Manage through a commodity, service or inventory crisis.
- Schedules and facilitates senior leader meetings between Company and strategic suppliers.
- The incumbent typically reports to a Director or a Manager within Procurement and is responsible for managing assigned commodities, suppliers, and purchases to meet customer needs.
- Utilizing a structured sourcing process you will handle high dollar category sourcing and contract negotiations.
- In other cases, you will dissect the requirements communicated by the business and express the elements in familiar category terms so we can benefit from the value available in a competitive marketplace.
- Regional and/or Global annual purchases across multiple business units.
- Value of purchases typically would be in the $150-$500 million range.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related discipline.
- Continued updating and/or progress toward advanced degree or equivalent in area of technical expertise.
- Operates with limited business direction.
- Demonstrated knowledge and extensive experience in a major purchasing commodity group.
- Candidates with mill operations management and demonstrated professional engineering experience, GNW and Healthcare experience.
- Strong strategic sourcing and negotiation skills, with solid proven experience in global procurement/supply chain organizations.
- Solid ability to work cross-functionally across multiple business lines, including a depth of knowledge in category strategy development and implementation.
- Negotiating contracts, building category strategies, engaging with stake holders.
- Thoughtful, analytical background is going to be very helpful. more of a strategic thinker is going to be required.
- Has the potential to be extended or come on Perm.
- This position is for someone who has worked in high level IT procurement.
- This position can be remote. The strong preference is for someone to be onsite in Neenah or Roswell. However, again, they can be remote.
With Kelly, accounting and finance professionals like you will have access to some of the world’s most respected companies providing you with challenging, high-visibility projects that can transform your career. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100 companies, and more than 3,000 finance and accounting hiring managers rely on us each year to access the best temporary and full-time talent: people like you.