Principal Research Scientist at Premier Inc.
Principal Research Scientist
This position is responsible for working with the research team and providing leadership for the execution and coordination of research and analytic projects for Premier Research Services. This position has responsibility for working with the team on client-funded research projects in areas such as literature review, outcomes research, market analysis, comparative effectiveness, safety, and pharmacoeconomics using both retrospective and prospective research designs.
This position functions internally in collaboration with other Premier stakeholders to ensure the required deliverables are met.
- Background and literature review and write-up for descriptive, trend analysis, retrospective outcomes, and comparative effectiveness studies in both retrospective and prospective areas.
- Feasibility requests including scope development and review of code and results.
- Lead research customer calls to understand the scope of work needed.
- Write and/or review of proposals.
- Develop selection criteria for research projects and data extracts with customers.
Analysis and Interpretation
- Perform unadjusted and adjusted statistical analysis and interpretation.
Protocol and Analytic Plan Development
- Background and literature review and write-up.
- Development of table shells.
- Write and review of protocols/statistical analysis plan.
Work independently to support report development to include:
Work with Medical Writers on development and review of publications to include:
- Conference abstracts
- Presentations (Posters/Presentations)
- Consultative Support for internal and external clients
- Directly support client questions about research methods and limitations.
- Utilize expert knowledge of research methods and design to aid in research projects.
- Provide expert knowledge of administrative databases and other sources of data and appropriate use and limitations.
- Act as a liaison to outside consultants, contractors, and research clients related to research methods and designs.
- Mentor Research Scientist and Senior Research Scientists.
- Provide operational and scientific leadership and project management throughout the steps in research studies.
- Knowledge of how to set research project timelines and expectations.
- Master’s degree in Science, Research, or related field required.
- Ph.D. in Health Services Research, Epidemiology, Health Economics or related field preferred.
- 10+ years of applicable experience required.
- Experience with healthcare research utilizing a variety of databases required.
- Expert knowledge in the development and execution of retrospective healthcare research projects required. Experience with prospective research projects strongly preferred.
- Expert knowledge in research methods and advanced understanding of biostatistics required.
- Excellent writing skills with prior authorship of manuscripts focused on healthcare research required.
- Extensive SAS or other statistical software package experience required.
- Experience with SQL (working knowledge at a minimum) required.
- Ability to perform statistical analyses, with experience in statistical modeling required.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills including multi-tasking and the ability to set/adapt to changing priorities required.
Premier is looking for smart, agile individuals like you to help us transform the healthcare industry. Here you will find critical thinkers who have the freedom to make an impact. Colleagues who share your thirst to learn more and do things better. Teammates committed to improving the health of a nation. See why incredible challenges require incredible people.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to unlawful discrimination because of their age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, pregnancy status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, covered military or protected veteran status, disability, or any other applicable federal, state or local protected class, trait or status or that of persons with whom an applicant associates. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Premier complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply.
Premier defines work location as:
- Remote: Employee will work from home office 100%
- Virtual Office: Employee will work from home office, but must reside in the associated area
- Travel: Employee is required to travel either regionally or nationwide
- Health System: Employee will work onsite at a health system
- 80%: 4 days weekly
- 60%: 3 days weekly
- 20% : 1 day weekly
Solving Tomorrow’s Healthcare Challenges, Today.
Premier Inc. (NASDAQ: PINC) is a healthcare improvement company uniting an alliance of approximately 4,000 U.S. hospitals and health systems and more than 175,000 other providers and organizations.
As an industry leader, Premier has created one of the most comprehensive databases of actionable data, clinical best practices and efficiency improvement strategies.
Our award-winning and revolutionary technologies enable our members to collaborate more easily and efficiently. Our goal is to improve our members’ quality outcomes, while safely reducing costs. By engaging members and revealing new opportunities, we empower the alliance to improve the performance of healthcare organizations, helping them do what they do best, Heal First™.
Named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® 12 years in a row, we are well-equipped to help health systems thrive. Premier. Transforming Healthcare Together.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!