Principal Front End Software Development Engineer, 3D Home at Zillow
Principal Front End Software Development Engineer, 3D Home – Remote Position
- P719027 · Software Development · Zillow
About the team
Are you passionate about building new, immersive experiences to change how people shop for homes and rentals? Every month 180 million users turn to Zillow for help. The Zillow RMX Team is re-imagining the home tour experience, giving people the feeling of being there from the convenience of their phones or PCs. Using groundbreaking technologies, our team works across product, research, engineering, and business to enable people to walk through a home. We believe this will become the future of home shopping!
About the role
The 3D Home Team is looking for an experienced web developer to help us advance Zillow’s mission by building unique and highly engaging user experiences. You will work on new media-rich web experiences, which are part of the broader full-stack Zillow 3D Home product. You’ll work side-by-side with outstanding computer vision and machine learning teams to help build our new experiences. As a principal developer, you will be responsible for defining architectural direction, crafting amazing user experiences, driving features forward across multiple teams, and blazing trails. Our ideal candidate is also a technical leader who has a real passion for mentoring and growing the potential of others.
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
Who you are
- 8+ years of software application and systems development experience.
- 3+ years of work experience in projects related to 3D graphics and/or web development
- Experience in developing responsive consumer software applications on the web, with a deep understanding of the web ecosystem, and a customer-focused attitude.
- A consistent track record of high efficiency and quality in software design, coding, testing, and debugging.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills – use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations.
- The ability to work in a fast, agile and nimble environment with frequent change.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills. Friendly collaborator with others.
Ideally three or more of the following:
- Expertise with React.
- Experience with three.js, WebGL, react-three-fiber.
- Experience with procedural geometry generation and parametrization.
- Experience with computational geometry algorithms and libraries.
- Experience with 3D Modeling Software, CAD software, 3D Formats, Renderers or Game Engines.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!