Custom MAC Pricing Consultant – Eden Prairie, MN or Telecommute Considered
Location: Eden Prairie Minnesota United States
Division: Optum Operations RX Ireland
Contest Number: 825827
Family: Network Contracting and Pricing
Function: Network Pricing
Business Segment: Optum Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Overtime Status: Exempt
Telecommuter Position: Yes
Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
The Pharmacy (MAC) Pricing Consultant within OptumRx supports and validates network pharmacy benefits pricing. As a Pricing Consultant, you will perform financial analysis and modeling as it relates to setting prescription drug prices that determine pharmacy reimbursement and client drug spend. OptumRx serves a diverse client base including Medicare, Commercial and Medicaid clients. As a Pricing Consultant, you utilize machine learning and data science / analytical techniques to build the tools to automate pricing and ultimately maintain those tools. You will also manage price points that go on to generate 100’s of millions of dollars.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop Machine Learning Algorithms That React To Market Utilization And Re-Align Pricing To Our Desired Strategies.
- Work largely with Python programming
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Support custom MAC pricing strategy in support of OptumRx’s largest Clients.
- Conduct financial and network pricing modeling, analysis and reporting
- Perform unit cost and contract valuation analysis in support of client performance management and MAC pricing strategies
- Manage unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting and associated financial models
- Review work performed by others and recommend improvements
In this role, it is all about creativity, challenge and complexity. You’ll be expected to help accurately and effectively price the network. It’s challenging because you need to be creative in your approach to the analytics behind the contract in order to properly utilize resources, build the data and price the network accurately.
- Undergraduate degree
- Advanced proficiency in Python
- Intermediate proficiency in SQL
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel
- 3+ years of analytical experience in data/financial analysis, STEM fields, healthcare pricing/economics, or related discipline.
- 2+ years of experience in creating and using statistical/financial modeling tools including experience in interpreting and reviewing statistical/financial modeling results to evaluate impact of contract changes and develop forecasts
- Intermediate level of proficiency in data manipulation, data cleansing, and working with large datasets.
- Experience with provider payment methodologies and healthcare products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous Healthcare or PBM experience
- GIT, and/or Tableau experience
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.