Post Production Manager at Calm.com
Post Production Manager
We have a simple mission at Calm: To make the world a happier and healthier place.
The heart of Calm is digital but the brand is expanding offline into a variety of products and services that bring more peace, clarity and perspective into people’s busy lives. We are building Calm into the Nike of the Mind. We believe Calm can become one of the most valuable and meaningful brands in the world.
Over 50 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 85,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
After many exciting and successful years of audio production, we’re excited to be adding to our talented post production team with a Post Production Manager! This role will not only act as the traffic coordinator for all things audio post production, but will also be responsible for building out the audio team, streamling post production, and ensuring audio deliverables meet quality standards. The work we do at Calm goes on to change lives all around the world and we invite you to join us on that mission.
- Manage Calm’s post production team and pipeline, including workload assignments and deliverables
- Streamline audio post production, tracking assignments and deliverables within Asana
- Prioritize audio editing needs for all stakeholders within the content team and wider company
- Hire and onboard new dialog editors as needed, ensuring they have the tools, training, and support necessary–to including coaching on directional style, editing standards, deliverable formats, etc.
- Consult with our Sr. Audio Producer as needed to ensure delivered audio is up to standard
- QC all audio content before it’s launched, providing feedback to dialog editors and fixing occasional issues as needed
- Organize and archive all content via dropbox, the CMS, and physical drives
- Occasionally assist the dialog editing team when demand warrants
- Seek to continually improve post production operations by applying innovative industry best practices
- An expert with an advanced understanding of audio production, team building, leadership, content development, scalable workflow, as well as savvy editing skills, organization, and project management
- Experienced, with 7+ years in audio recording, editing, and post-production
- Advanced experience with recording/editing tools such as Pro Tools and Logic
- Impressive attention to detail when it comes to audio quality, including acute critical listening skills to insure the delivery of high quality of audio content
- A self-starter who is internally motivated and thrives in a fast-paced production environment
- Proven track record of creating high-quality content, with the ability to work quickly while not sacrificing attention to detail
- Experience scaling audio production
- Flexible–with a fast-paced content pipeline comes inevitable last minute changes
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!