Portfolio Accountant at Bankers Healthcare Group - BHG
- ACCOUNTING & FINANCE – ACCOUNTING
Are you ready to join a growing team that puts a premium on productivity and has an award-winning culture, centered around transforming talented employees into effective business leaders?
Then Bankers Healthcare Group is the place for you. We offer innovative financial solutions to licensed and highly-skilled professionals, representing the best of both traditional lending and fintech, and are looking for passionate, impact players to help take our company to the next level.
At BHG, you’ll become immersed in the finance industry—with a variety of loan solutions, credit cards, patient financing, bank programs, and collections services, which have helped BHG become one of the leading providers of finance solutions.
With over 19 years in business, we have the stability of an established company with the speed and agility of a startup, where ingenuity and risk-taking are encouraged, and every employee has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Who You Are
You are a motivated Accountant who is passionate about the financial industry. You are extremely detail-orientated and have experience with day-to-day accounting tasks in a fast-moving environment. In this role, you will need to be a self-starter who is skillful in communicating with cross-functional partners who have different backgrounds, levels, and experiences. A successful candidate will be able to manage complex workflows that involve multiple stakeholders and build strong relationships across teams.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare reconciliations and roll forwards, account analysis and processing month end journal entries for a variety of G/L accounts
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close processes
- Assist in implementing accounting policies and procedures to ensure all financial transactions are executed according to GAAP principles
- Work with independent auditors to provide support for audited financial statements
- Manipulate and reconcile large volumes of data in Excel from various internal systems and the general ledger
- Assist in external financial reporting processes
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to the team when requested
What You’ll Need
- 2+ years of progressive accounting experience; Public accounting experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Knowledge and experience in loan processing/servicing required
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Finance, Accounting major preferred
- Advanced MS Excel skills; excellent command of pivot tables, V-Lookup, etc.
- Accounting software experience; Workday experience a plus
- Self-motivated and a strong work ethic and an ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstration of high analytical capacity and intellectual curiosity
- Able to learn quickly and adapt to a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Able to organize, prioritize tasks and take accountability
- Deadline oriented with ability to complete assigned tasks independently
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Must report to the Syracuse, NY office
Life at BHG
At BHG, we work hard and aren’t afraid to take risks. Since the beginning, our core values of PMA (positive mental attitude), team player and loyalty have been the driving force behind every interaction we have between each other and our customers. We havea healthy respect for the daily grind, yet we value work/life balance. We believe that all employees should have the opportunity to lead and that good ideas can come from anyone. From the top-down, our leaders are actively involved not only in strategic oversight and running the business, but also in the wellbeing and growth of all employees. We consider people our #1 asset, and help employees realize their full potential, set and exceed their goals, and explore new opportunities for personal and professional development.
Why You Should Join BHG
We strive to offer amenities, opportunities, events, and programming that support the interests of our teams, while furthering the culture that makes us Great Place to Work® certified. Some of the benefits you can expect when you join BHG include:
- 100% coverage of monthly health insurance premiums
- Competitive PTO and vacation policies
- Company 401(k) plan with employer contributions after one year
- On-site gym access and memberships, with personal trainers, and certified nutritionists on staff
- Company-sponsored training and certification opportunities
- Monthly award ceremonies where top achievers are celebrated and receive additional bonuses
- Ongoing volunteer opportunities to give back to the community through our BHG Cares program
If you’re ready for a career where you can exercise your passions, be surrounded by co-workers who are relentlessly committed to service, and have a team-player mindset, apply today!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!