Policies and Procedures Writer – Correspondence Librarian at loanDepot
Policy & Procedure Writer
Position at loanDepot
loanDepot, America’s lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for gathering, composing, and editing process information into clear, concise, readable documents for policies, procedures and job aides for the Post Close and Servicing teams. Additionally, responsible for the catalog of customer correspondence letters, as well as working with the business to update, review, verify and approve for the System Administrator to update MSP when changes are needed. Assists training with developing training documents. Must be skilled in writing, editing, using style guides, and developing templates, as well as having strong organizational and problem-solving skills with an ability to work independently and/or with a variety of subject matter experts (SMEs). Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Creates and maintains various procedure documents and corresponding job aides specific to each task in Servicing and Post Close for system, process, compliance or regulation changes.
- Maintains catalog/library and oversees governance of all customer correspondence working with vendor and business for necessary edits and ensuring proper approvals.
- Interviews subject matter experts to ensure technical accuracy of procedures and usability of job aide documentation, development of content specifications, mapping, manuals, processes, flow charts, proposals and reports.
- Organizes, catalogs, develops, and composes clear, concise, and readable documents that may include diagrams, flow charts, screenshots, and graphics.
- Creates and maintains various policy documents specific to Servicing compliance or regulation changes.
- Provides Policies & Procedures (P&P) for audit purposes; follows up with leaders on specific audit questions and works with Originations P&P team.
- Performs annual audit of P&P documents, ensuring proper change controls/management processes and approval levels.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Ability to be creative, proactive and generate ideas quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to design document style sheets and templates.
- Able to reasonably interact with leadership, asking questions when necessary.
- Expert in the following software applications: 1) Adobe Acrobat, 2) Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, & Visio), 3) screen capture tools.
- Ability to analyze complex technical information and then write comprehensive policy/procedure documents appropriate to the audience.
- Intermediate math skills; drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Minimum three (3) + years of professional writing experience focused on communicating effectively and creatively with targeted audiences.
- Minimum one (1) + years of management experience required.
- Experience in the mortgage lending industry required.
- Excellent computer file management skills required.
- Experience with the entire publication process, interfacing with both internal and outside publishing personnel and preparing documentation specifications.
- Instruction Design background is a plus.
- Associate Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!