Plan Document Assistant Team Lead
- Location: Remote
- Travel Required: N/A
Nova 401(k) Associates is a vibrant and growing national third party, non-producing administration firm. We have a nationally recognized sales team allowing us to grow in excess of 20% per year.
We are looking for a professional who can work with the document team leader. The document team is responsible for preparing new documents for a large volume of start-up and takeover clients, as well as amendments and required restatements for existing clients.
If you are located near one of our physical offices (currently Austin, Dallas, Houston, and Scottsdale), the position will allow you to work partly from home and partly from our office. If you are not near one of our physical offices, we will provide you with a home office setup including computer and phone so that you can serve your clients from home.
- Review plan documents, summary plan descriptions, amendments for new and existing clients; Strong focus on 401(k)/Profit sharing plans, 403(b), cash balance plans, and 457(b) plans.
- Provide guidance regarding permissible plan design and changes within the framework of preapproved documents.
- Utilize best practices to ensure accuracy and efficiency regarding document production and output, as well as lead and contribute to ongoing automation and process improvements.
- Proactively communicate with Document Team members, as well as Account Managers and Implementation and Sales departments, about relevant industry changes and developments that impact available provisions in plan documents.
- Understand various deadlines for plan adoption, annual notices, and required amendments. Must be able to manage and review workload of internal Plan Documents Team to ensure applicable deadlines are met.
- Manage multiple projects and internal partner relationships.
- Work with team leader to monitor team progress on completing projects timely
- Act as a technical resources for internal partners, including account managers, implementation services, and sales to ensure proper installation and ongoing services for clients.
- Balance an advanced knowledge of defined contribution concepts with practical considerations.
- Manage projects, demonstrating an ability to multitask and balance multiple priorities.
- Able to interpret provisions of a variety of pre-approved and individually designed plans. Capable of restating provisions onto another pre-approved plan document. Experience with FIS/Relius Documents is a plus.
- Strong research skills and ability to efficiently address compliance and administrative issues.
- Must be able to provide training and education to a dedicated plan documents team, as well as team members from other departments that may provide temporary assistance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to clearly and professionally convey complex subject matter with an understanding of the target audience.
- Excellent organizational skills
- High level of critical thinking
- Committed to lifelong learning, and enjoys sharing knowledge with staff
- QKA and/or QPA certification or similar designations a plus
- Demonstrated project and team management experience.