People Operations Coordinator at Muck Rack
People Operations Coordinator
Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to make PR pros more successful by providing them with technology to find journalists to pitch, monitor media, quantify their impact and work more efficiently with their teams.
Self-funded, quickly growing, and remote-first, Crain’s named Muck Rack one of the best places to work in 2019 and 2020. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, and customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
Muck Rack’s People Team is charged with delivering an amazing candidate and employee experience and ensuring our people & talent systems, tools and processes support our evolving people and business needs.
Our People Team is growing to support our company’s rapid growth, and we’re excited to bring on a highly organized, proactive People Operations Coordinator to increase our team’s productivity and impact. Muck Rack’s People Operations Coordinator will support our talent acquisition and human resources team members to deliver an excellent, high-touch candidate and employee experience.
You might be an ideal candidate for this role if you are looking to grow your career in People Operations, are comfortable working with a wide range of tech tools, and are eager to own the administration of diverse HR systems and processes. You will support our team with recruiting, onboarding/offboarding, culture and employee success initiatives, and general HR. This role reports into our VP, People and will work closely with our People Operations Manager and Talent Acquisition Specialist.
What you’ll do:
- Create, manage and maintain employee personnel files and ensure all platforms are up to date with correct employee information
- Prepare documents related to offers, compensation changes, promotions, transfers, employment verifications, leaves of absence, and terminations, etc.
- Manage 401(k) paperwork and maintain relevant records
- Oversee hiring documentation verification and compliance trainings
- Own device and platform use management
- Help create and maintain our People Operations playbook
- Support with internal and external scheduling (kick off meetings, panel interviews, debriefs, and reference calls)
- Post new roles in our application tracking system and on external job boards
- Run the background check process
- Maintain up-to-date list of locations where we can hire
- Assist with reviewing resumes and other recruiting tasks as needed
- Coordinate with People Operations Manager on new hire details and onboarding tasks
- Ensure computers, accessories, supplies and swag are ordered for all new hires
- Own the scheduling, coordination, and communication for new hire onboarding and employee offboarding
- Ensure employees have access to all necessary tools/systems
- Keep relevant team members apprised of employee-related updates
Culture & Employee Success
- Support with the administration of company-wide surveys and review cycles
- Assist with ad-hoc people operations projects
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- 0-1+ year in human resources, recruiting, or a coordinator/administrative role: proven experience with scheduling/calendar management, familiarity using an applicant tracking system (Greenhouse preferred), and clear enthusiasm for candidate experience and team success. We are open to recent graduates with a relevant degree or related internship experience.
- Excellent communication skills: You’ll be communicating regularly with candidates, new hires, employees, and hiring managers, so strong written communication and highly developed interpersonal skills are essential
- Detail-oriented and meticulous: You’re exceptionally organized, process-oriented and have top-notch project and time management skills; you have the ability to juggle multiple high-priority requests, multi-task, and context switch with ease
- Tech-savvy and familiar with our tools/systems: You ideally have experience using Google Suite, Dropbox, Slack, and any ATS and pick up on new tools/systems quickly
- Creative and entrepreneurial: You’re a self starter with a desire to work in a start-up environment, an ability to learn on the fly, and an eagerness to figure out how to do things better
- Professionalism: Highly accountable, with good discretion and a strong sense of personal integrity
- Open and flexible: We’re growing quickly and there will be a lot of opportunity to take on projects and grow within the People Team
- Preference for working remotely: We’re a distributed team and seek out colleagues who are independent, highly communicative and reliable in a remote environment
Benefits of Working at Muck Rack
- Flexible remote-first company
- Off-the-grid vacation
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, and an Employee Assistance Program
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Discounted gym & bike memberships
- Opt-in disability and life insurance
- Subscription to Learning & Development platform
- Self funded means we have the freedom to build forward-thinking products and put our customers first
- Inclusive culture that listens to and welcomes diverse perspectives
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!