People Operations Associate at Flockjay
Title: People Operations Associate
- Location: United States
- REMOTE / PEOPLE & TALENT / FULL-TIME
Who We Are:
At Flockjay, we are here to empower upward mobility through education and access. Our goal is to create pathways to future-proof careers for people from non-traditional and underrepresented backgrounds. We have an experienced team from companies like Airbnb, Intercom, Google, and Teach for America, and have raised capital from the best investors in the industry, including Salesforce, Index Ventures, Y Combinator, and Lightspeed Ventures. We are also proud to have won the annual Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, placing in the top 50 of all SMB for Best Places to Work in 2021.
Tomorrow’s companies will be defined by how they invest in people. Our team is small and growing – join us and make a meaningful impact. Let’s build a generational company together.
Who You Are:
As Flockjay’s People Operations Associate, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining an environment where individuals and the organization can thrive as we continue to grow & scale. The People Operations/Human Resources function is one that will support and align with the organization’s business goals, objectives, and strategies while also honoring each individual’s contribution to and journey at Flockjay.
This opportunity is unique as it requires someone who can thrive in both day-to-day execution while also collaborating on strategy. This includes rolling up your sleeves to ensure every team member at Flockjay is supported, while also zooming out to work on building our longer-term people strategy.
You will report directly to our Head of People & Talent and interact closely with members of all teams while helping to define and advance our Mission- and Core Values-driven culture.
What You’ll Do:
- Creatively oversee and manage all employee experience, delight, and events related programs across the team – think of yourself as our culture ambassador
- Create and support people programs related to employee experience, engagement, and recognition to help employees be productive and motivated
- Manage our benefit offerings and lead annual open enrollment for all employees, including: health insurance, wellness and engagement initiatives, and other rewards programs that are competitive and comprehensive
- Develop and roll out effective Learning and Development opportunities for all employees
- Manage our internal company resources including company intranet pages, policy documents, presentations, etc
- Take ownership over new hire system & process Onboarding in order to enhance the Flockjay experience and help them feel supported from Day 1
- Support the full employment lifecycle of our employees from on-boarding through off-boarding to make their experience seamless
- Manage our IT hardware and software licenses and help troubleshoot IT issues as their arise – bonus if you’re experience with Apple products.
- Regularly seek both formal and informal feedback from all teams in order to improve employee engagement and employee performance
- Identify opportunities for improvement and assist with communication, implementation and change management of various programs and initiatives.
What You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years of HR experience, ideally with a high-growth, mission-driven startup
- Solid knowledge in all areas of HR and employment law
- Passion for building more diverse and inclusive environments
- Strong data-driven approach
- Experienced project and change management skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities
- Proven experience maintaining security of confidential information/conversations
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Self-starter with compelling written/verbal communication and active listening skills
- Experience with remote-first work cultures is a bonus
- PHR or SPHR certification is a bonus
What You’ll Get:
- Getting in on the ground floor of an innovative mission-first, people-first company where you’ll have the support to pursue your passions
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity in a well-funded startup experiencing hyper-growth
- 100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Monthly wellness and productivity stipends
- Flexible, uncapped paid time off, in addition to 20+ company-wide holidays
- Remote-first work environment
- Fully equipped workstation
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!