People and Culture Manager at Swivl, Inc.
People and Culture Manager
- Menlo Park, CA – Remote OK
Swivl is on a mission to scale coaching through technology. We’ve reinterpreted coaching within the context of education. This new framework provides a pathway for students, teachers, and administrators to use tech solutions that empower them to personalize their growth and development. Over 50,000 schools use our award-winning tools. We actively support live conversation spaces with skilled.space, voice-based learning, and connecting with Synth, and empower students and teachers to reach their full potential through Swivl Teams video. Come help us transform education.
We are looking for a people-centric HR person to Work with founders to build a mission-driven work culture and to
Serve as a cultural center of gravity for a fully distributed company.
We are a distributed team with offices in California and Kiev, Ukraine. The position can be remote but must be within the United States.
What you will do:
- Manage the recruiting, new hire documentation, and on-boarding process
- Maintaining and improving change management programs
- Create Internal employee communications
- Integrate the company mission culture in all aspects of employment
- Foster collaboration through all levels and departments in the organization
- Performance management, including role definition, training of supervisors and managers to coach and discipline employees
- Assist with the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual
- Complies with all HR related federal, state, and local legal requirements and stays current with new legislation; responds to all HR related claims
- Be responsible for Benefits sourcing and administration
- Supervise the maintenance of current and historical HR records
- Will work hands on with employees and managers
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are:
- 5-7 years’ experience in a generalist capacity and expertise with the following:
- Be coachable (https://beingcoachable.com)
- Knowledge of change management and culture building
- Experience creating and analyzing of key performance indicators and benchmarking
- Recruiting experience
- Ability to build and strengthen employee relations at all levels through the organization
- Ability to raise difficult issues and provide real-time feedback to organization leaders
- Strong knowledge of current trends and practices relating to HR and employee law
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office products and HRIS systems
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!