Penetration Tester at Lloyd's Register
Title: Penetration Tester
- Location: New York City or Remote, US
- Candidates must be eligible to work full-time in the USA. Nettitude HQ for North America is in New York City, however remote workers may apply.
Nettitude, a Lloyd’s Register company, is an award winning provider of Cyber Security and Assurance, Incident Response and Technology services to organizations across the world. We are at a very exciting stage both in terms of our company but also in the Cyber Security marketplace. We are looking for the right people to join us as we embrace the challenges thrown up by the advancements within the IT industry and within the threats faced. Nettitude will be at the forefront of this arena and we want to seek the right people to join the team and make it happen. Find out more about Nettitude at https://www.nettitude.com/
Our security consultants are responsible for leading and delivering their own penetration testing security engagements with our clients. This includes the full lifecycle of an engagement from kick off call, testing, report creation, report delivery to debrief.
What you’ll be doing in your role:
- Deliver penetration testing and other related security activities. These security activities will include performing engagement kick off calls, wash up calls, email responses and debrief for each assigned client engagement.
- Write full and thorough reports for each engagement that show rapid and constant improvement, incorporating feedback from quality reviews.
- Assist in Security Testing related presales activities, providing technical assessment of scope, principal security concerns and testing methodology to Account Manager.
- Develop client relationships and ensure Nettitude delivers professional consultative style engagements at all times
- When requested, provide technical analysis of current IT Security related events, especially for the purpose of media coverage.
- Be a continuous learner, keeping up to date on a wide variety of IT Security related skills and industry knowledge.
- Mentor less experienced security consultants where appropriate and/or requested.
There is no fixed set of skills required to be a successful candidate. However, the more of the following attributes you can demonstrate to us, the more likely you will be to end up with a job offer.
- Penetration testing experience. You should be comfortable with App, Inf and Mobile testing.
- Cloud penetration testing skills are a big plus.
- You love getting involved in deep technical challenges, while at the same time being able to abstract and explain the most complex issues to a C level exec.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of applications and networking.
- An ability to teach and mentor other members of the team is a distinct advantage; it’s part of what makes us Nettitude!
- Exploit creation, scripting and reverse engineering are a distinct advantage.
- You code open source tools, contribute to security blogs, and participate in CTFs.
- A thirst for knowledge and a constant desire to push yourself to the max.
Your qualifications and certifications
There are no formal requirements for any qualifications or certifications. We’re not looking for badge collectors; we look far deeper than that. However, one or more of the following may serve as an distinct.
- A BSc degree (or equivalent) in a technical discipline.
- CCSK / CCSP / CISSP
- AWS Security Specialty / Azure AZ-500
- CREST Registered Tester or CREST Certified Tester.
- Tiger Scheme and other equivalents equally considered.
- Offensive Security (e.g. OSCP), GIAC and other industry recognised certifications will also be well received.
Why should you work with us?
We have industry leading levels of employee retention, and for good reason; we’re the kind of place that no one wants to leave! We push ourselves to the max, so if you’re the kind of person who loves deep technical challenges and a fantastic work environment, we welcome your interest. Please do visit our website to understand more about how we develop our people, work on cutting edge engagement and offer multiple career progression paths.
What we offer:
We offer you an exciting working environment with intellectual challenges, responsibility and high level client interaction. An attractive package is available for the right candidate. Flexible working / home working opportunities available.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!