Payroll Specialist at Veracyte
Payroll Specialist – Remote
- Location: Field
- Department: Finance Admin
Veracyte (Nasdaq: VCYT) is a leading genomic diagnostics company that improves patient care by providing trustworthy and actionable answers to challenging clinical questions. The company’s products uniquely combine advanced genomic technology, clinical science and machine learning to provide answers that give patients and physicians a clear path forward, informing both diagnosis and treatment decisions without the need for costly, risky surgeries that are often unnecessary. Since its founding in 2008, Veracyte has commercialized seven genomic tests and is transforming the diagnosis of thyroid cancer, lung cancer and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Veracyte is based in South San Francisco, California.
Driven by the expansion in the company’s test menu, revenue growth and geographic growth of its employee base, the Company is seeking a fast-paced, results-oriented, hands-on person to join its accounting and finance team. We have an opportunity for a Payroll Specialist position reporting to the Payroll and Stock Manager. This is a remote position.
Your focus areas include:
- Preparing and processing US payroll for all employees, including setting up payroll in new states and local jurisdictions, validating all inputs to employee payroll files, managing hourly employee timecards, generating W-2s and all related accounting and reconciliation processes
- Preparing post-payroll 401(k), FSA and HSA contribution files for remittance to Fidelity and external vendors
- Reviewing international employees’ payroll prepared by external parties
- Preparing month-end payroll journal entries
- Preparing schedules to support financial, tax, 401(k) and workers compensation audits and other surveys/reports requiring employee payroll data (e.g. proxy statement)
- Managing the ADP payroll system and making recommendations for system improvement and process automation
- Assisting the Payroll and Stock Manager on payroll and other projects
- Responding to employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll matters
- Maintaining compliance with accounting policies, procedures and SOX controls for payroll process, and performing SOX testing on other accounting processes
The successful candidate will have the ability to take on more responsibilities as the company grows.
Who You Are:
You thrive in a fast paced, results-oriented, hands-on environment. Former colleagues describe you as team oriented with outstanding integrity and accuracy in your work. You have a can-do, figure-it-out mentality with a strong sense of urgency and pro-activeness in your work and career. You have excellent customer service skills when responding to employees and frequently suggest ways to improve processes or resources so that your customers and stakeholders’ needs are met.
In addition to a BS/BA in finance/accounting, you possess at least 3 years of real-world experience in the HR/Payroll field.
Experience with the NetSuite and ADP WorkforceNow software and international payroll matters is strongly preferred. Having knowledge and a willingness to learn stock-related transactions such as options, ESPP and RSUs is desirable.
What We Can Offer You
Veracyte is a growing company that offers significant career opportunities if you are curious, driven, customer-oriented and aspire to help us build a great company. We work collaboratively, offering you the opportunity to constantly learn from your colleagues – even those outside of your area of expertise. Here at Veracyte, we find fun, little ways to make it a great place to work – participate in our annual Halloween costume contest, treat yourself to the endless supply of PB&J sandwiches, and toast with colleagues as we celebrate milestones. We also offer conveniences such as an on-site workout room and free shuttle service from both BART and CalTrain. We are a company with a heart and believe in positively impacting the world beyond our doors by providing our product to those who cannot afford it through a financial assistance program. Veracyte seeks the best employees and works to create an environment where they can thrive, expand their knowledge and contribute at the highest level.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!