Payroll Manager at LendingHome
LendingHome supports real estate investors by offering the opportunity to build successful businesses through a simplified loan process. Our competitive product, innovative technology, and experienced team are changing the way real estate investors receive funding for their fix-and-flip and rental properties, transforming the experience from end to end.
This is a position that can be based anywhere in the United States, remote or in-office. Our hybrid distributed workforce philosophy allows us to find the best talent in the country and build diverse teams, while allowing our teammates to work from the location that works best for them, whether that is their home office or one of our office locations. We have offices in San Francisco, CA and Pittsburgh, PA for those of you that live local and want to work from the office. We also plan to use these spaces to bring together teammates and drive creativity and innovation.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access and simplified a way for real estate investors—both novice and experienced—to get financing, generate wealth, and build businesses. Since founded in 2013, we have funded over $5 billion dollars worth of loans across 23,000+ projects becoming the nation’s largest hard money lender. Combining the best technology and the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has raised $215MM in venture capital, has grown to a team of over 300, and has been featured on the Forbes Fintech 50 list for two years running. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to become the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
The Payroll Manager role is integral to the Company as you will be responsible for all elements of timely preparation and accurate processing of semi-monthly payroll including but not limited to new hire and termination processing, retroactive payments, leave of absence payments, compensation changes, bonuses, commissions, deductions, and time reporting and approvals for hourly workers, as well as provide project support for payroll initiatives. The Payroll Manager role requires strong technical and communication skills and the ability to simultaneously manage tasks to meet established standards and deadlines. Successful candidates will be highly organized, detail-oriented and show a strong aptitude towards critical thinking and problem-solving. Ability to prioritize workload and adapt to rapidly changing priorities is essential. The right Payroll Manager candidate must be a team player who is motivated to take on projects and tasks that require initiative and close attention to detail. This Payroll Manager will partner with various business units including Accounting, Human Resources, and FP&A to achieve these goals, and you will get to work among a seasoned, high caliber team with diverse experiences.
- Execute timely and accurate processing of semi-monthly payroll and direct deposits for ~300 domestic employees in multiple states
- Process supplemental payroll and any out of sequence checks such as terminations or payroll corrections
- Audit timecards for accuracy and approvals and resolve timecard questions and/or issues
- Manage and oversee payroll approval and reporting for contractor employed through 3rd party agencies
- Prepare, review and file quarterly/annual payroll tax reports and W2s
- Ensure all government reporting requirements, regulations and compliance for payroll taxes and withholdings are met; advise leadership on state regulatory laws updates to make well-informed decisions on HR or financial matters
- Manage unemployment rates with each registered payroll state, and ensure accurate and current information is in payroll system; register for new state/SUI/local payroll tax as needed and add jurisdictions in the payroll system
- Assist with annual financial, Workers Comp, and 401K audits by responding to auditor requests as it relates to payroll
- Respond timely to payroll requests and resolve employee issues, including wage garnishments, EDD questionnaires, verification of employments, and other similar transactions
- Manage 401k activities and interact directly with the 401k provider to ensure proper handling of employees’ enrollment, loans, repayments, distributions, rollovers, and payroll contributions; provides yearly census and compliance testing to 401k provider; assist with year-end filing of Form 5500
- Serve as Workday and ADP administrator and domain expert
- Make recommendations on updating policies and procedures related to payroll processing
- Process payroll taxes for equity option exercise related transactions
- Assist in payroll related journal entries and accruals and perform balance sheet reconciliations
- Participate in various projects and respond to ad hoc requests
- 4-6 years of experience processing multi-state payroll using Workday and ADP
- Self-starter and comfortable working in a fast-paced, evolving start-up environment which includes ability to handle multiple projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences, and interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong sense of urgency, and ability to handle a high volume of data with confidentiality, accuracy, and discretion
- Consistently demonstrate strong customer service and reliable follow through
- Ability to work collaboratively and function as a positive, dependable team player
- Must have advanced knowledge of Workday, Excel, and Google Suite; experience with ADP and ADP SmartCompliance preferred
LendingHome in the News
- Forbes: The Future Of Real Estate: Fintech 50 2019
- Pittsburgh Business Times: Voted a “2019 Best Places to Work” and won first runner-up in large company category
- Mortgage Professional America: LendingHome surpasses $5 billion in loans in five years
- Pittsburgh Business Times: San Francisco fintech aggressively expands, looks to hire in Pittsburgh
- Curbed: How Wall Street, Silicon Valley Institutionalized Home Flipping
Benefits and Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, and move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches and Bagel Wednesdays—and don’t forget to take your pick of healthy snacks and drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, and passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent and welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions and a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans ensure that your mind and body are in good keeping.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!