Patient Account Representative at Navigant
Title: Patient Account Representative
Location: United States – Remote
Interested in working with talented people to help develop innovative solutions to some of society’s most complex and challenging problems? We are Guidehouse, a leading consulting firm serving the public sector and commercial clients with specialized capabilities in strategy, technology, and risk management. You may not yet know our name, but we have a rich history. Guidehouse is a combination of PwC’s former public sector practice and Navigant’s deep expertise in energy, financial services and healthcare.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards individuals based on impact, not tenure. Our firm is at the forefront of an emerging model solving complex problems that stretch across government and private companies, affording our people the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of the consulting profession. By focusing on markets facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation, and significant regulatory pressure, our employees also develop and deploy world class knowledge and problem solving that leads to breakthrough solutions.
Our healthcare segment is comprised of consultants, former provider administrators, clinicians, and other experts with decades of strategy, operational/clinical consulting, managed care services, digital health, revenue cycle management, and outsourcing experience. Professionals collaborate with hospitals and health systems, physician enterprises, payers, government, and life sciences entities, providing performance improvement and business process management solutions that help them meet quality and financial goals. You will make an immediate impact from day one, working with a team to provide end-to-end solutions. We don’t simply put band-aids on our client’s issues, we are working side-by-side with them. Are up for the challenge?
Business Process Management unites the strengths of four category-leading companies to address the complexities of today’s healthcare system. We design, develop and implement integrated, patient-centered solutions for sustained improvements in performance and profitability, working collaboratively across a spectrum of customers that encompasses hospitals, health systems, physician practice groups and payers.
This is a contract-based role that will be remote, and the project is anticipated to be two to six months in duration.
The Patient Account Representative is an extension of a medical client’s business office staff. Representatives are responsible for taking in-coming and making out-going calls to patients and insurance companies to resolve account balances. Representatives will perform all job-related duties as assigned.
- Account Review
- Customer Service
- Medical Billing
- Complete all business-related requests and correspondence from patients and insurance companies
- Complete all assigned projects in a timely manner
- Assist client and patients in all requested tasks
- Communicate to Navigant BPM management areas of concern or areas of improvement
- Research and respond to all patient inquiries received by telephone and mail
- Update patient demographic information and initiate account adjustments
- Resolve account balances to zero
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year experience in office, customer service or healthcare field
- Word and Excel knowledge
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work
- Regularly uses close visual acuity and operates computer equipment to prepare and analyze and transmit data
- Generally works in an office environment
- This position requires successful completion of a background check and employment verification.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!