Patient Access Representative 2 at Change Healthcare
Patient Access Representative 2
Port St. Lucie – NW Peacock Dr
Remote – Alabama
Remote – Maryland
Remote – Maine
Remote – Louisiana
Remote – Kentucky
Remote – Kansas
Remote – Iowa
Remote – Indiana
Remote – Wyoming
Remote – New Hampshire
Remote – Wisconsin
Remote – Nevada
Remote – West Virginia
Remote – Nebraska
Remote – Montana
Remote – Virginia
Remote – Missouri
Remote – Vermont
Remote – Mississippi
Remote – Utah
Remote – Minnesota
Remote – Texas
Remote – Tennessee
Remote – Michigan
Remote – Ohio
Remote – Massachusetts
Remote – South Dakota
Remote – North Dakota
Remote – South Carolina
Remote – North Carolina
Remote – Rhode Island
Remote – New York
Remote – Pennsylvania
Remote – New Jersey
Remote – Illinois
Remote – Idaho
Remote – Georgia
Remote – Delaware
Remote – Connecticut
Remote – Oklahoma
Remote – Arkansas
Time Type: Part time
Job Requisition Id: R31160
Change Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. We deliver innovative solutions to patients, hospitals, and insurance companies to improve clinical decision making, simplify financial processes, and enable better patient experiences to improve lives and support healthier communities.
Work Location: Fully Remote – U.S
The Patient Access Representative 2 will be the initial point of contact guiding patients through activities such as confirming medical history or insurance verification, as well as providing physician referrals. Whether it be in a remote role or in our contact center when it is safe to be onsite again, the Patient Access Representatives will be responsible for handling inbound calls and providing a great customer service experience.
- Obtains current patient information for established and new patients
- Accurately enters/updates patient information in scheduling system
- Identifies payer source and verifies insurance eligibility
- Reviews scheduling system for needed updated demographics and consent forms
- Provide messages or transfer the call to physicians and nurses
- Protects/observes patient confidentiality per policies and procedure.
- Accurately imports registration documents into patients’ electronic health record
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 year experience in contact center or healthcare is required 1.5 years of experience is preferred
- Proven understanding of Microsoft operating systems required
- Typing speed of a minimum of 25 wpm
- High speed DSL, fiber, or cable internet service is required for our remote workforce
- Minimum internet connection download speed of 8-10 mbps and upload speeds of at least 25 mbps; wired connection is strongly preferred.
- Candidates will be required to complete an internet bandwidth assessment to confirm compliance
- Bilingual – English/Spanish preferred
- Medical/dental office or medical scheduling knowledge
- Detail-oriented personality
- Good communication skills with the ability to provide great customer service
- Good interpersonal and active listening skills
- Detail oriented with good oral and written skills
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- General office demands
- Full-Time employees receive Paid Time Off (PTO), eight (8) paid holidays and two (2) floating holidays
- Volunteer days, employee giving and matching gifts programs, community awards and dollars for doers, community partnerships
- Ready, Set, Grow Career Development Center & access to Change Healthcare University for continuous professional learning & development with more than 5,000 training assets
- Your choice of four medical plans & My Healthy Changes well-being program
- US 401(k) savings plan, tax free health savings (HSA) and flexible spending accounts (FSA) and educational assistance for eligible employees
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts provide pre-tax money for your eligible dependent day care expenses
- Resources for Living provide tools to find family childcare that fit your needs
California / Colorado / New Jersey / New York / Rhode Island / Washington Residents Only:
- The applicable base pay for your state is listed below. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Change Healthcare offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with Change Healthcare, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
- The base pay range for this position is $15.01 – $33.40
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
- At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs.
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, some individuals may be required to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to or during employment. Certain roles may require COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing as a condition of employment. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Careers Transforming the Healthcare System
Who is Change Healthcare? We are a leading technology company inspiring a better healthcare system. Through innovative technology solutions like cutting-edge cloud technology, artificial intelligence, and data insights, we drive better patient outcomes, reduce costs, and create value for our partners.
Positive Impact and Shared Purpose. Through visionary leadership and a culture of collaboration, we share a common purpose to positively impact our communities by creating a stronger, better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system.
Employee Experience, Cultural Values, and Total Rewards. We celebrate diversity and earn trust with our employees by promoting innovation at every level within the organization. Our teams are agile, and their work is fast paced and engaging. We’re committed to providing competitive compensation that rewards and recognizes performance, offer well-being programs that empower your overall health, and provide learning and development opportunities to accelerate your professional growth.
Find Your Path. Whether you’re ready to make an impact in technology and product innovation or support our mission to inspire a better healthcare system in a variety of career areas, find your path and accelerate your career. What are you waiting for?