Patent Engineer at Twelve.co
Title: Patent Engineer
Location: Remote – US
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
As a patent engineer at Twelve, you will work with engineers, scientists, and researchers to identify innovations and coordinate with outside counsel to prepare, file, and prosecute patent applications. In this role you will also work with the Senior Director of IP to assess the related patent landscape and continually optimize Twelve’s patent strategy. This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who is passionate about green technology and has a desire to join a rapidly growing team and highly innovative company.
What You Will Do
- Actively assist in preparing, filing, and prosecuting domestic and foreign patent applications
- Be responsible for communicating with and directing prosecution activities of outside counsel
- Work with the technical team to identify patentable innovations and draft invention disclosures
- Perform freedom-to-operate and patentability analyses across multiple related technology fields including but not limited to energy/power plant design, material fabrication processes, electrochemistry, electrolysis, and polymers and polymer membranes
- Guide supported technical teams in deploying Twelve’s trade secret strategy
- Assist the IP team in developing Twelve’s patent strategy
- Become familiar with and continually keep abreast of the competitive landscape related to CO2 electrolysis technology
- Educate and train employees on IP law, invention disclosure, and patent process workflows
- Communicate IP strategy and status of the portfolio to the management team
- Develop and maintain a broad understanding of Twelve’s business including research, products, and product development
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience preparing and prosecuting patent applications
- Patent agent or attorney preferred
- You have a Masters or PhD degree in industrial plant design, chemistry, chemical engineering, electrochemistry, materials science/engineering or electrical engineering
- You are familiar with polymer chemistry
- You have experience with electrolyzer or electrolyzer component fabrication or design
- Familiarity with government grants and contracts is a plus
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication/presentation skills
- You are adept at working with cross-functional teams and multiple stakeholders
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
At Twelve, it’s important each employee is compensated competitively and fairly. In alignment with state legal requirements, Twelve conducts exhaustive research to understand compensation markets. A range for the included position is listed below. Be advised, actual offer details are determined by job category, job location, and candidate skill level.
United States Wage Range: $133,920 – $190,650
Please note that some pay bands may have wide ranges of compensation to accommodate candidate’s diverse sets of skill levels.
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don’t see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at email@example.com.
Potential Twelve Candidates, please be aware of potential recruiting scams. Twelve will never ask you for payment or your payment information in order to pursue a career here. If anyone has requested such a payment or payment information in relation to a Twelve position or if you believe that someone outside Twelve has impersonated a Twelve recruiter or employee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you and be safe!
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more