Patent Classification Specialist at Clarivate
Patent Classification Specialist
R191- Ypsilanti, MI (PQ)
job requisition id
Join our team! We are looking for excited, inquisitive Classification Specialists (PCS) to join our Patent Search and Innovation Intelligence Services Team! As a PCS you work remotely or based in our Bingham Farms, Michigan office, and determine appropriate application classifications in accordance with the Cooperative Patent Classification (CPC) system and the United States Patent Classification System (USPC) through technical knowledge, research, and automated tools.
This is a full-time permanent position that can be worked remotely anywhere in the U.S.
About you experience, education, skills, and accomplishments
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related field
- Experience and/or significant course work in any of the following areas:
- Transportation, construction, manufacturing, static structures, dynamic machines, packaging, mechanical power, transmissions, electromechanical systems, mining, molding, etc.
- At least 6 months of work experience with research via work, internships, or volunteering
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Applicants must have resided in the U.S. for the past two consecutive years
It would be great if you also had
- Previous experience with intellectual property
- Ability to work independently, without excessive supervision
- The ability to use computer systems to perform research and classification operations
- Ability to work independently to meet defined production and quality standards
What will you be doing in this role?
- Mastering the patent classification process
- Assigning classifications in accordance with the Cooperative Patent Classification rules and definitions
- Classifying applications related to specific technologies
- Continually expanding knowledge and expertise into new technologies
- Working closely with others in a team environment
About the Team
The PCS team supports the unlocking of fresh thinking and the inception of technology initiatives for our clients throughout the world. Our teams of professionals join up ideas and action and connect people with people and people with technology to ensure that individuals and organizations fulfill their potential.
Hours of Work
Monday through Friday, 40 hours/week
Clarivate is an Equal Opportunity Employer Vets/Minorities/Women/Disabled