This job is remote.
The Paralegal is responsible for supporting the Legal team in areas of commercial contracting, corporate finance, compliance, and other matters as needed. This role reports to the Vice President of Legal – Commercial, IP, and Compliance.
- Accurately and efficiently handle the day-to-day administration of the company’s stock plans globally.
- Use Carta equity management platform to oversee all participant equity plan transactions (grants, exercises etc.) and ensure that they are correctly processed in a timely manner.
- Administer, maintain and manage the legal issue tracker and contract database systems.
- Prepare standard sales contracts for customers.
- Responding to and running point on customer and vendor questionnaires.
- Assist in-house legal team in coordinating federal, state and local regulatory compliance.
- Support corporate governance functions by assisting with drafting reports, maintaining records, completing forms and updating documents.
- Support in-house legal team and outside counsel in preparing documents, conducting due diligence and performing other responsibilities related to corporate acquisitions
- Conduct research in support of the legal team, as required
- Work on other projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience working in an in-house legal department in a paralegal capacity.
- BA required.
- Paralegal certification required but will consider comparable experience in lieu of certification.
- Comprehensive understanding of many different types of equity awards and private vs. public company equity programs
- Experience with Carta mandatory
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proactive, dynamic and result driven individual with strong organizational skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, the ability to interface effectively with all business functions throughout the organization.
- Enthusiasm and “self-starter” qualities enabling him or her to manage responsibilities with an appropriate sense of urgency; the ability to function effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced & dynamic environment.
- Superior analytical ability, project management experience, and communication skills
- Ability to manage internal customer priorities and needs.