Outpatient Coding Specialist at Health Information Associates - HIA
Remote Outpatient Coding Specialist
- Job Locations: US-Remote Office
- ID: 2015-1012
- Category: Coding
Codes all requested medical records using the most accurate and appropriate ICD-10-CM/PCS, CPT codes and DRG assignment in accordance with regulatory coding guidelines, best practices in the industry and HIA policy and procedures. Abstract key data required from the medical information consistent with UHDDS requirements, other regulatory and best practices. The coder will meet specified productivity and accuracy standards.
- Codes all requested outpatient acute care facility records using the most accurate and appropriate ICD-10-CM/PCS, and CPT codes in accordance with coding guidelines.
- Abstracts, codes and assigns necessary demographic and clinical data elements required
- Uses 3M and/or TruCode encoder to ensure appropriate reimbursement.
- Writes appropriate, non-leading queries.
- Maintains quality and productivity according to client requirements.
- Completes all I-10 education as required within established deadlines.
- Commits to continually improving his/her coding skills by actively participating in all education sessions.
- Reports to the Coding Services Manager.
- RHIA, RHIT, and/or CCS
- Minimum 3 years outpatient coding experience in an acute care hospital.
- I-10-CM/PCS training
- Computer proficiency, able to research coding questions and utilize HIA’s internal educational resources.
- High Speed Internet via Cable (no Satellite or wireless cell based)
- Independent, focused individual able to work remotely.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!