Oracle Middleware Architect
Job Code: 18-110
# of Openings: 1
SUMMARY OF PROGRAM/PROJECT
AMPS is a Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) system supporting account management and provisioning for over 170 applications across DLA and DFAS. AMPS is a GOTS service built on customized Oracle products including OIM, OAM, and more. Technatomy’s role is to provide system sustainment, upgrades and enhancements, problem resolution through a Tier III help desk, and software testing and quality assurance, configuration and change management disciplines.
POSITION DESCRIPTION (Duties and Responsibilities):
The successful candidate will be a technical team member with emphasis on implementing, planning, execution, and delivery of major projects involving Oracle middleware and databases in support of a complex 24 hours a day, 7 days a week service. Must be able to meet strict performance standards and timelines. For all assigned tasking, this person is responsible for the on-time completion and quality of the work performed. This includes implementing and maintaining Oracle middleware, Oracle Identity Management products, and database applications in development, test, stage, functional, and production environments. The OIM Architect keeps middleware versions up to developed standards and corrects any known security vulnerabilities. This includes completion of all DLA CERT tasking by the due date. Responsible for closing all assigned Remedy tickets.
- Provide design, administration, and production maintenance support for new and existing Oracle Fusion Middleware components (version 11g and above, including but not limited to: Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle Identity Management, Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher, Oracle Access Manager Oracle Enterprise Management).
- Research new security threats and maintain security standards on all application server implementations. Install, secure, monitor, upgrade, and configure applications utilizing Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM/EM) Grid Control or Oracle Application Server interfaces and options and their associated agents (e.g. Oracle Management Agent, Oracle Management Server and Oracle Management Repository).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS – REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated experience in OIM Architect and Administrator positions responsible for planning, implementing, and managing Oracle Fusion Middleware components including Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle Identity Management, Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher, Oracle Access Manager Oracle Enterprise Management.
- Demonstrated experience with Oracle Application Server implementations.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, implementing, and managing medium to large sized technology projects in support of business initiatives.
- Strong knowledge and command of Oracle Solaris UNIX 10/Red Hat Enterprise LINUX (RHEL) 6 (or higher) operating system environments.
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle (11g, 12c) and demonstrated experience with SQL scripting language.
- Working knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices.
- Awareness of security-related best programming practices.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experienced in initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and delivery of projects.
- Ability to work in distributed (remote) team-oriented environment.
- Excellent writing skills and proficient in documentation using Microsoft Office Suite, including Visio and Project.
- Excellent and proactive interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, team player with attention to detail.
- Ability to follow schedule and meet deadlines.
Oracle Software Experience (5+ years)
- Oracle OIM
- Oracle OAM
- Oracle Solaris UNIX 10/Red Hat Enterprise LINUX (RHEL) 6 (or higher)
- Oracle Database11g (or higher)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS – DESIRED:
- Experience with DoD / DLA software lifecycle sustainment.
- Experience with Remedy.
- Experience in configuration, change, and release management disciplines.
Education and Experience (Minimum Requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8+ years of experience in Information Technology and 5+ years in Oracle Fusion Middleware management, preferably on DOD/DLA programs.
- CompTIA Security+ certification (or higher)
- OCP certification (or higher) in Oracle version 11gR2 (or higher)
CITIZENSHIP AND BACKGROUND CHECKS:
- Must be U.S. citizen
- No Dual citizenship
- No Green Card holders
- Must pass government background checks and qualify for access to sensitive systems and data
Work Locations: Fairfax corporate office; may be remote.
Technatomy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Technatomy Corporation to afford equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.