Operations Manager, Auto Repossession, Remarketing at Upstart
Operations Manager, Auto Repossession/Remarketing
UNITED STATES | REMOTE
Upstart is a leading AI lending marketplace partnering with banks and credit unions to expand access to affordable credit. By leveraging Upstart’s AI marketplace, Upstart-powered banks and credit unions can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates across races, ages, and genders, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. Our offerings include personal, auto, and small business loans, and we plan to expand into more verticals as our business grows.
Upstart is a digital-first company, which means that most Upstarters can live and work anywhere in the U.S. We also have offices in San Mateo, CA; Columbus, OH; and Austin, TX.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
Upstart’s Recovery team is seeking a candidate to fill a Repossession and Remarketing Manager role to join our team and help us manage and improve our repossession/ remarketing program and overall recoveries. As a Repossession and Remarketing Manager, you will be responsible for all day to day repossession/ remarketing activities (repossession notices, assignments, vehicle sales etc.) and overall portfolio performance.
You will own Upstart’s repossession/ remarketing portfolio and relationships with our existing repossession/ remarketing vendors, manage Upstart’s internal team, look for new vendors (when needed) or set up new internal departments to ensure maximum asset recovery and adherence to Upstart’s policies and procedures.
Position Location – This role is available in the following locations: Remote #LI-REMOTE
Time Zone Requirements – This team operates on the East/West Coast time zones.
Travel Requirements – This team has regular on-site collaboration sessions. These occur 3 days per Quarter at the San Mateo or Columbus office office. If you need to travel to make these meetups, Upstart will cover all travel related expenses.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Own Upstarts repossession and remarketing program by managing internal team and company relations with our 3rd party vendors by delivering timely, accurate and professional operational support.
- Recommend new repossession and remarketing strategies to improve overall program performances.
- Ensure that day to day work (repossession notices, assignments etc.) is handled accurately and in a timely manner by Upstart and its 3rd party vendors.
- Establish KPIs and performance standards for the team and repossession/ remarketing vendors and ensure these expectations are met, address any concerns with the team or 3rd party vendor.
- Manage Upstarts internal Repossession/ Remarketing team and hold 1:1’s with the team members.
- Manage compliance risks, drive any process issues/ risk to a successful resolution.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of repossession and remarketing lifecycle experience.
- Strong vendor management, analytical, problem solving and planning skills.
- Ability to think critically, prioritize tasks, make decisions and utilize resources.
- Strong communication skills and ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Balance ability to work fast with a high degree of accuracy and detail.
- Team management/ leadership experience.
What you’ll love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Personal Development and Technology & Ergonomic Budgets
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Clubs and Activities (Game Nights, Fitstarters, Superwomen, Book Club, Investing Club, Money Discussions, Photography Club and Basketball teams)
- Generous vacation policy
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks
At Upstart, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. The anticipated base salary for this position is expected to be within this range: $76,000-105,000. Your actual base pay will depend on your geographic location–with our “digital first” philosophy, Upstart uses compensation regions that vary depending on location. Individual pay is also determined by job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
In addition, Upstart provides employees with target bonuses, equity compensation, and generous benefits packages (including medical, dental, vision, and 401k). Sales positions generally offer a competitive On Target Earnings (OTE) incentive compensation structure.