Operations Data Analyst at Samsara
Title: Operations Data Analyst
Location: United States
Remote – US
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which helps to digitize the world of physical operations, providing visibility and empowering entire sectors of our economy to become more safe, efficient, and sustainable. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 2,000 people globally and collect more than 40 billion minutes of video footage and 5 trillion data points annually.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including video-based safety, vehicle telematics, apps and driver workflows, equipment monitoring, and site visibility. As part of a newly public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- Best Place to Work by Built In 2022
- Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
Every year, we partner with our customers to deliver outcomes like conserving millions of gallons of fuel, saving millions of dollars, and creating positive environmental change. As more customers connect to our platform, our data grows, our AI models get smarter, and our opportunities expand.
About the role:
Samsara is seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented supply chain data analyst to join our team. The primary responsibility of this role will be to analyze, validate and interpret large sets of data related to our supply chain operations. We are looking for a candidate that can quickly identify trends and patterns, and provide actionable insights to optimize our supply chain processes. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in data analysis, statistics, and supply chain management.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Own data accuracy, completeness, timeliness, consistency and uniqueness of supply chain metrics across multiple departments
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data from various sources, including internal databases and external sources such as Netsuite, Salesforce, E2Open, Databricks and external systems.
- Develop and maintain complex data dashboards and tools to facilitate data analysis and reporting.
- Identify and analyze trends, patterns, and discrepancies in data to inform supply chain decision-making.
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify opportunities for improvement and optimization within the supply chain.
- Generate reports and presentations to communicate insights and recommendations to stakeholders and management.
- Monitor and track supply chain metrics and KPIs to ensure performance goals are met or exceeded.
- Participate in the development and implementation of new supply chain initiatives and process improvements.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, technologies, and best practices related to supply chain management and data analysis.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Research, Data Science, Statistics, or a related field.
- 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree, 3 years with a Master’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience in data analysis, data modeling, and statistical analysis.
- Strong understanding of supply chain processes and terminology.
- Proficient in data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience with programming languages such as SQL and Python.
- Experience with Netsuite ERP, Salesforce CRM and warehouse management systems.
- Positive attitude in a rapidly changing environment with ambiguous information.
- Concise communication skills.
- Intellectual curiosity with an ability to learn quickly.
- Passion for technology and operations.
Samsara’s Compensation Philosophy: Samsara’s compensation program is designed to deliver total compensation (based on role, level, and geography) that is above market. We do this through our base salary + bonus/variable + restricted stock units (RSUs). RSUs are awarded at hire and may be refreshed annually. Additionally, as a pay-for-performance company, there are additional RSU grant awards for top performers which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.
The range of annual base salary for full-time employees for this position is below. Please note that base pay offered may vary depending on factors including your city of residence, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more