Online Professor of Theatrical Performance (REMOTE)
North Augusta, SC
Online Professor of Theatrical Performance
Job Description for Online Position
Reports To: Dean, School of Creative Expression, Missional University
Approved By: President of the Missional University
Notice to Applicants: Please attach a letter of inquiry, curriculum vitae, and three references
In your letter of inquiry, please explain your Christian faith commitment and international / missions experience. Thank you!
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE TEACHING EXPERIENCE AND A DOCTORATE OR MFA IN THEATRE WITH PERFORMANCE EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED (Ph.D. or M.F.A. required).
*** EdD APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. THANK YOU. ***
The School of Creative Expression at Missional University invites applications for an online faculty position in Theatrical Performance teaching courses in the Department of Film & Theatre Studies. Applicants must have an M.F.A. or Ph.D. in Theatre with significant experience in acting on stage with an emphasis on cultural and intercultural interpretation. The successful applicant will be teaching courses such as:
- Theatrical Cultures & Performance Practices
- Acting I: Character Development
- Acting II: Action & Technique
- Voice I: Vocal Skills, Range & Capacity
- Voice II: Vocal Physiology & Speech Dialects
- Interpretive Techniques & Textual Analysis
- Clowning, Mime & Pantomime, Masks
Responsibilities and Duties
Applicants may teach online from anywhere on the globe and do not have to have US residency, but must be fluent in English and have a stable internet connection. Applicants must have practical missions experience within their own country or beyond. Applicants must have a strong orientation to relating theatre to the missio Dei (mission of God) in the scripture.
Teaching responsibilities include the development and delivery of eLearning courses in theatre to equip Christian believers to do missional ministry in mission and denominational agencies, churches and other faith-based organizations. The successful applicant will function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) working with an instructional technologist to design, develop and deploy his or her own courses.
Since the Missional University is dedicated to training grassroots missional leaders in the evangelical tradition, administrative staff and faculty members must commit to both our faith and ethos statements. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Women, majority world scholars, ethnic minorities, and recent doctoral graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Additional information about Missional University may be seen at http://missional.university.
Qualifications and Skills
- A Doctoral degree or M.F.A. in Theatre from an accredited university or seminary with specific background in acting and performance.
- Teaching experience, preferably online
- A vibrant Christian testimony
- Practical missions experience in his/her own country of origin or beyond
- Agreement with the faith and ethos statements of the Missional University
- Passionate about the mission, vision and core values of Missional University