Online Faculty, Ethics at Chamberlain University
Online faculty, Ethics
Job ID: 2020-114520
Institution: Chamberlain University
Employment Type: Temporary Part-Time
FLSA Status: U.S. – Exempt
Opportunity at a Glance
Chamberlain University seeks to welcome a part-time Online Professor of Ethics to our undergraduate degree programs, building long-term relationships with superior educators who have high professional standards, excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and a commitment to providing the finest in practitioner-focused education.
The typical course of instruction may include:
Principles of Ethics (ETHC445):
This course provides knowledge of ethics students need to make moral decisions in both their professional and personal lives. Combining moral theories and applied ethics topics, coursework helps students explore traditional and contemporary ethics dilemmas, as well as reflect on and evaluate their moral beliefs. Balancing respect for diversity and claims of universality, the course puts ethics principles in the social and cultural context of the world today.
- Uses technology effectively to provide an outstanding online learning experience, including Canvas, WebEx, websites, and e-mail
- Sets clear expectations for the course by publishing course objectives, assignment/examinations dates, and weight the distribution of various evaluation categories
- Ensures that the content and level of material included on exams correspond to the course objectives
- Demonstrates consistency and fairness in grading and provide timely feedback to students
- Assumes responsibility for all autonomous aspects of individual teaching loads
- Provides documented feedback to students on level of performance based on course outcomes
- Provides student remediation within assigned courses.
- You are encouraged to explore this opportunity if you meet the following criteria:
- A Master’s or PhD degree in Ethics, Law, Philosophy, or closely related field with an emphasis in ethics along with 18+ earned graduate credit hours directly in the field of instruction
- A minimum of 2 years’ teaching experience in an online/virtual environment is required
- Solid subject matter expertise and outstanding communication skills
- Excellent motivational and instructional skills to be effective in a non-traditional environment
- Must be able to work in a collegial manner and facilitate the efforts of diverse groups
- Are eager to serve students and colleagues with passion, respect and care
- Operate with a sense of responsibility and purpose with the desire to enrich colleagues, students and the broader community
- Are able to provide official transcripts for all earned degrees from a regionally accredited institution
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!