Online English Teacher at Qkids
Work From Home Online English Teacher
What We Offer
- Work from home
- Work remotely, teach online from anywhere in the U.S. or Canada
- Flexible Hours Part-time – set your own teaching schedule
- Easy and Stable Supplemental Income $16 – $20 USD an hour, each in-lesson time is 30 minutes
- Fun and Rewarding ExperienceInteractive lessons and tools, awesome and supportive staff
- Contract: Independent Contractor
- Contract Term: 6 months
- Start Date: Immediately
- Location: Remote
What are teacher requirements?
- Eligible to legally work in the U.S. or Canada
- Currently reside in the U.S. or Canada (due to the internet restriction)
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree or above
- Able to teach 6+ hours weekly
- English teaching certificates (TESOL, TEFL, CELTA, etc) required
What is my hiring process?
Apply with all required materials -> Initial screening -> Demo Interview 1 -> Demo Interview 2 -> Trial Classes & Background Check -> Contract
What are all required hiring materials?
- A Screenshot of Computer SPECS
- 1~2 minute introduction video: Introduce yourself, where you live, your educational background, and any experience teaching or working with kids. Then tell or read a children’s story.
Where can I teach from?
This is an online, work from home job. You can teach anywhere from the U.S. and Canada.
What devices do I need?
- A computer with a webcam
- A headset with microphone
- Stable Internet connection (cable connection preferred)
What is the technical requirement?
- Minimum upload speed: 2Mbps. Minimum download speed: 4Mbps.
- Test your speed here: http://www.speedtest.net/
- *Cable connection is recommended.
How soon can I expect to hear from Qkids after I apply?
If your application materials pass our preliminary screening, you will be contacted within 3 business days for further steps.
Time and Scheduling
How much time do I need to commit to this job?
- The minimum is 6 hours (12 lessons).
What are the available time slots?
Listed in the Standard Time
- 7 days a week (AM)Plus Friday and Saturday (PM)
- EST5:40 – 8:107:40 – 10:50
- CST4:40 – 7:106:40 – 9:50
- MST3:40 – 6:105:40 – 8:50
- PST2:40 – 5:104:40 – 7:50
- Hawaii00:40 – 3:102:40 – 5:50
How does the scheduling work?
- Your class schedule is set weekly. You can check your schedule for the upcoming week in the Qkids Teacher Software every Sunday evening.
What is the class cancellation policy?
- In case of emergency, you may cancel the scheduled class by notifying Qkids Class Coordination Team at least 24 hours in advance.
How much do I get paid?
- Base pay: $10 base pay for full lessons. $5 base pay for standby lessons (approximately 10 minutes with no teaching required).
- Incentive: eligibility for $1 Performance Fee for each lesson based on a family review. Eligibility for $1 Attendance Bonus for each lesson once a minimum of 15 lessons are taught in a week. Limited Attendance policies requiring 24-hour notice for schedule changes and minimum 5-hour notice to maintain eligibility for overall attendance fee.
How and when will I be paid?
- All teachers will be paid via bank transfer to your U.S. or Canada bank accounts. The transfer fee is covered by Qkids. The pay date is no later than the 15th of each month where you will be paid for the entire previous month of teaching. The pay date will automatically extend to the next week in the event of any Chinese national holidays.
How much tax do I need to pay?
- All Qkids teachers are independent contractors and will be responsible for your own taxes in accordance with state and country laws, and individual tax jurisdictions.
I am a resident of Canada, do I get paid in US dollars?
- Yes, all teachers will be paid in US dollars.
How long is the contract? Can I take time off?
- The contract term is 6 months with the possibility to extend upon re-evaluation. Please inform the Class Coordination Team 2 weeks in advance if you need to take extended time off during the contract.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!