Nurse Practitioner – Prescribing at Vida Health
Nurse Practitioner – Prescribing
MEDICAL AFFAIRS – PRESCRIBER TEAM
PART TIME – NON-EXEMPT/HOURLY
At Vida, we help people get better — and we’re helping the healthcare system get better, too.
Vida provides expert, personalized, on-demand health coaching and programs through a network of experienced health care providers — like dietitians, therapists, and health coaches and leading medical institutions — coupled with an easy-to-use app with award-winning content.
We focus on chronic conditions — like diabetes, depression, and hypertension — which account for 80% of the $3 trillion spent on healthcare in the US.
By combining advanced technology with the top-notch healthcare providers, Vida is breaking down the barriers that have historically kept people from getting the best care. Vida’s cloud-based platform captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps and delivers AI-driven insights back to employers, health plans, and providers to improve care. We are trusted by Fortune 1000 companies, major national payers, and large providers to enable their employees to live their healthiest lives.
**Vida is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Vida is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Vida is registered.
The Prescribing Nurse Practitioner plays a key role in providing accessible and convenient care for our members. The Nurse Practitioner works in partnership with psychiatric specialists and physicians to diagnose, manage, and provide medication management and outpatient treatment via Telehealth.
- Provides patient support by prescribing, monitoring, and supporting treatment plans in accordance with statutes, regulations and protocols.
- Refers higher acuity patients to specialized care based off of a stringent screening guideline to ensure quality of care and the best outcome for patients.
- Maintains medical records and high quality of clinical documentation.
- Provides psychiatric and cardiometabolic (HTN, HLD, diabetes, obesity) health services, education, and medication management in an empathetic and judgment-free manner.
- Issues medication prescriptions in accordance with treatment guidelines.
- Orders laboratory tests, interprets and explains the test results to patients.
- Provides patient education regarding medications, risks, benefits and reasonable outcome expectations.
- Communicates with patients and engages in follow-up as necessary.
- Masters of Science in Nursing from an accredited college or university required.
- Two (2) years of experience practicing outside of post-training required.
- Active license as a Nurse Practitioner (NP) by the State in which performing services are required.
- Active license in multiple states (at least 20). A current DEA Number or ability to obtain upon employment required.
- Ability to deliver care via telehealth.
- Must maintain professional demeanor and uphold values of patient care.
- Proficiency with EMR (electronic medical record) systems.
Vida is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Vida—it is the foundation of what we do. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our platform and those we serve. Vida is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
We do not accept unsolicited assistance from any headhunters or recruitment firms for any of our job openings. All resumes or profiles submitted by search firms to any employee at Vida in any form without a valid, signed search agreement in place for the specific position will be deemed the sole property of Vida. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Vida as a result of the unsolicited referral.
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more