Nurse Practitioner-Physician Assistant at Oscar Health Insurance
NP/PA – Virtual Health Assessment (1099)
Hi, we’re Oscar Medical Group. We’re hiring an Advanced Practice Clinician to join our Virtual Health Assessment team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
- Available during 8a-12p ET and/or 4p-8p ET (4 hour minimum shifts)
- Texas, Georgia, and Florida
You will perform virtual health assessment appointments where we help to identify areas in the patient’s medical journey that can be improved. The health assessment is a virtual appointment where you will review the patient’s current medical diagnosis, medications and overall health history. The provider will use this appointment to confirm or deny suspected conditions that can be used for Risk Adjustment for Oscar Health Insurance.The health assessment will also be an opportunity to identify and close HEDIS gaps, this will help the patient stay up to date on appropriate preventative care. The provider should feel comfortable working with patients virtually, including virtual assessment, diagnosis and treatment. You will also help to support teams across Oscar Medical Group, including Virtual Primary Care and Virtual Urgent Care when needed.
You will report to the Manager, Virtual Health Assessment.
This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, or Virginia. Note, this list of states is subject to change #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role is: $55 – $72 per hour. This is a 1099 Independent Contractor role.
- Conduct virtual health assessment where the provider reviews the member’s current medical diagnosis, medications and overall health history.
- Review suspected conditions that can be used for Risk Adjustment for Oscar Health Insurance.
- Identify and close HEDIS gaps, this will help the member stay up to date on appropriate preventative care.
- Cross-train into urgent care and virtual primary care service lines
- Work with members virtually, including virtual assessment, diagnosis and treatment.
- DNP, FNP, ENP, or PA from accredited program
- Board Certification (NCCPA or AANP or ANCC)
- Licensed in Florida, Texas and Georgia
- 3+ years experience in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Primary Care
- Experience with Risk Adjustment and managing HEDIS quality measures
- Fluent in Spanish
- 1+ year Telemedicine experience
- Also Licensed in: California, New York, Oklahoma, Connecticut, North Carolina, Iowa, Pennsylvania, Virginia, New Jersey, Ohio, Nebraska, Arizona, and Illinois
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We’re on a mission to change health care — an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices, employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more