Nurse Disease Mgmt I – CA, NV, WA – REMOTE – PS21748
- United States
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Nurse Disease Management I
- CA, NV, WA
- Location: Work At Home – Anywhere in the US
- You must be able to work your shift in your time zone – no flexibility
- Work hours:
- 8:30 am – 5:30 pm PST
- 11:00 am – 8:00 pm EST
- 10:30 am – 7:30 pm CST
The Nurse Disease Management I is responsible for participating in delivery of patient education and disease management interventions and for performing health coaching for members, across multiple lines, for health improvement/management programs for chronic diseases. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts behavioral or clinical assessments to identify individual member knowledge, skills and behavioral needs.
- Identifies and/or coordinates specific health coaching plan needs to address objectives and goals identified during assessments.
- Interfaces with provider and other health professionals to coordinate health coaching plan for the member.
- Implements and/or coordinates coaching and/or care plans by educating members regarding clinical needs and facilitating referrals to health professionals for behavioral health needs.
- Uses motivational interviewing to facilitate health behavior change.
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of interventions and/or health coaching plans and modifies as needed.
- Directs members to facilities, community agencies and appropriate provider/network.
- Refers member to catastrophic case management.
- Requires an AS/BS in nursing; 2 years of condition specific clinical or home health/discharge planning experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current unrestricted RN license in current state(s) required.
- Prior case management experience preferred.
- A current unrestricted CA, NV, and/or WA RN license is required. (You must have one of these currently to be considered, will have to obtain the others once employed).
- Manage care experience.
- Previous work at home experience preferred.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.