Nurse Customer Care – 1900365
Our dynamic team of Customer Care Nurses utilize their clinical knowledge to begin the claim evaluation process and provide insight into the claimant’s clinical status and their ability to perform job duties.
- Gathers, receives, and documents necessary information from claimants and or representatives to initiate and begin evaluation of disability claim. Provides caller with explanation of intake & subsequent claims process.
- Refers top case templates to identify any account specific instructions that require customized communications to claimant at Intake.
- Customize claimant interview to obtain medical information specific to functional limitations and work requirements in order to determine if limitations are reasonable and medically supported.
- Determine medical complexity and appropriate duration assignment and/or a medical milestone for those claims assigned a duration/milestone.
- Discuss & assess job modification and Return To Work expectations as appropriate to the claim.
- Demonstrates effective & professional oral communication skills (responsive, knowledgeable, empathetic, and courteous communication)
- Accurately enters employee/ employer/ physician intake information into The Hartford At Work Ability Advantage screens and document any relevant information into The Hartford Ability Advantage Comments.
- Initiate Family Medical Leaves into Leave Management System.
- Clearly & concisely documents clinical impression to enable Claims Ability Analyst to make an appropriate claims decision based on EEs condition & functionality.
- RN/LPN/LVN with active License.
- Minimum of 6 months of practicing clinical experience, with broad spectrum knowledge about anatomy and physiology.
- Clinical Case Management experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (oral/written).
- Excellent keyboard/automation skills.
- Must be willing to work 9:30 am – 6 pm.
- Start date is April 1, 2019.
- This is a remote position.
- *Regular hours after training will be 9:30am-6pm. 5 weeks of Virtual Training. Following training, a mentor will be provided to assist with continued development.
Benefits – Effective Day One!
- Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 152 hours of paid time off in your first year
- Employee Assistance Program, including child/eldercare, financial and estate planning services, counseling services, etc
- Wellness program, including gym membership reimbursement. Paid volunteer opportunities
- Healthy work/life balance
- Excellent growth potential
- At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance.
Job Function: Service Claims
Primary Location: United States
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Education Level: Technical Diploma (12 years)
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Remote Worker Option: Yes