Job link goes to main career page. Please scroll down to job title for position description.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your love of nonfiction into being part of an important company mission dedicated to improving the lives of millions of people?
If so, this is the PERFECT opportunity for you. It’s your chance to be a part of a dynamic team helping to educate, inspire, and support authors and writers all over the world.
TCK Publishing is a book publishing company reaching over 60,000 writers every month through our blog posts, videos, and podcast show. We publish fiction and non-fiction books in all major markets and genres, and we’re searching for the perfect candidate to fill our Nonfiction Editor position.
We’re looking for a talented editor who has been in the publishing business for three to five years or more.
You must absolutely love editing and nonfiction books. If this is not your dream job, please do not apply.
You must have a growth mindset and be willing to constantly learn new things about writing, editing, and marketing.
Job responsibilities include:
- Review submitted nonfiction manuscripts and select the best books for us to publish
- Complete developmental edits, copy edits, and proofreads for our nonfiction books
- Complete proofreads for fiction books
- Build long-term relationships with our authors by advising them on ways to overcome any writing challenges they may have with their upcoming books
What you need for this position:
- Great writing and editing skills
- A desire to help create world-class nonfiction books
- A proven ability to manage multiple projects at once
- The ability to work with a variety of authors in different markets and niches
- A love of learning and a strong sense of curiosity
The ideal candidate will have:
- Prior experience in editing nonfiction manuscripts
- A proven track record of success
- A solid portfolio of writing samples
This is a full-time, remote position. You can work from anywhere as long as you have access to high-speed internet and a phone.
Compensation: $20-$30 per hour
If you live in or near Indianapolis, Indiana that is a bonus, but it is not required.