Non Profit Cloud UX Lead Designer, Salesforce.org
- California – San Francisco
- US Remote
- Full time
- Job Category: Salesforce.org – Products and Technology
Everyone who wants to change the world should have the tools and technology to do so. Technology is the most powerful equalizer of our time, providing access to data, knowledge, and–above all–connections. Salesforce.org gets our technology in the hands of nonprofits and educators so they can connect with others and do more good. As a social enterprise, the more missions our technology supports, the more we invest back into technology and communities, creating an endless circle of good. We’re here to help; visit us at Salesforce.org.
Salesforce.org (SFDO) is looking for a Lead User Experience Designer to work as an integral part of a cross-disciplinary team. This is an amazing opportunity to have impact with thousands of nonprofits and higher education organizations, while working on the world’s best platform for building change-related business applications. The UX team works together with our Product Managers, Technical Architects, and Technical Project Managers to craft compelling experiences within an established design system (Salesforce Lightning Design System–SLDS).
This role will continuously evaluate all products and features in our Non-Profit Cloud and work with our Principal UX Designer for our Education Cloud to ensure that all products across both clouds are in sync from a design perspective. If you like defining the standards of user experience and making complex design decisions this may be the role for you. Some examples of work you’d be responsible for include: ensuring all products are leveraging SLDS, confirm that we aren’t building a new feature from scratch that exists in another product, and conducting stakeholder workshops to gain alignment on product direction.
In addition to the duties noted above, you’ll be primarily responsible for:
- Maintaining a user-centered design approach as you pursue complex design problems and influence product strategy.
- Balancing tactical design work with critical thinking and helping other designers do the same.
- Mapping out interaction user workflows that take into account cross-product integration.
- Working closely with product managers to marry business needs with user requirements, prioritize features.
- Work side by side with engineering during the design phase of features to ensure that proposed work is feasible to implement and subsequently implemented correctly.
- Crafting a better understanding among the organization of how/why UX is advocating for the end user by clearly articulating your decisions.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- 10+ years work experience in Enterprise User Experience Design, working within established design systems (Salesforce platform experience a plus!)
- A focus on problem-solving first and foremost, with an ability to understand and balance user goals with business strategy and technical feasibility.
- You’re an effective communicator across multidisciplinary teams including Engineers, Product Managers, and other business partners in a collaborative environment.
- Practical knowledge in communicating your designs/decisions to others using the appropriate tool for the task at hand.
- A sense of humor and a lot of heart.