New Business Development Manager at DSM
Title: New Business Development Manager
Location: United States
Job ID: 30961
Job function: Marketing & Sales
Experience level: Experienced Hire
Business: DSM Innovation Center
Would you enjoy a position providing commercial support to an entrepreneurial business? Are you interested in working for an industry leader that values safety, sustainability, and employee development? If you’re committed to sustainable solutions for our planet and have commercial experience with meat and dairy alternative proteins this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
In this new emerging business area, we are looking for a New Business Development Manager to assume responsibility for the North American prospect list for the POFU products, identify commercial opportunities in North America and be actively involved in the development and execution of a business plan, specifically concerning the positioning of POFU in the North American market. New Business Development Manager North America (NA) has a key role in the development of a value proposition in the NA market and in the development of a customer portfolio for the POFU venture.
New Business Development Manager NA will be located in ahome-based office in the US.
In the role of New Business Development Manager NA, you will:
- Develop & implement sales plan and go to market’ strategy
- Identify market opportunities and evaluate their potential
- Clearly define & execute product marketing positioning
- Evaluate competitors’ products in all aspects of technical and commercial position and develop differentiation strategy
- Develop commercial contacts and build relationships with targeted North American customers
- Serve as first point of contact for NA customers
- Implement development plans with NA customers in close alignment with the application team.
- Contribute to global business plan
- Establish and execute regional commercial plans, including forecast
- Be responsible for regional market intelligence
- Be a member of POFU commercial team
The Ideal formula for success:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of commercial experience in nutrition or food ingredients required
- New business development experience is required; proven track record in achieving ambitious business development targets
- Knowledge of proteins is required
- Knowledge of industry, markets and food ingredients necessary
- Proven track record in working in an innovative highly dynamic field and bringing in commercial results in the VUCA world
- Strong business acumen
- Capabilities to work with cross-functional disciplines and cross-region colleagues/customers; project management experience
- Strong self-insight and insight in others, inclusive mindset
- Strong communication skills in the setting of diverse stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial mindset
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!