.NET Solutions Architect at American Red Cross
Title: .NET Solutions Architect
(work from home)
Location: Washington, DC, United States
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE JOB:
We are looking for an experienced .Net Architect to join our team and take a leading role in the overall architecture and technical ownership of an internal gift management platform called Gift Management System (GMS). This application is vital to the mission of the American Red Cross and is at the center of the fundraising process. A successful candidate will play a key role in designing scalable and secure solutions working closely with Enterprise Data to meet the needs of our business. Furthermore, he/she will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of developers, providing technical guidance, working with both offshore and onshore teams and ensuring that best practices are followed throughout the SDLC
WORK LOCATION & SCHEDULE:
- The selected candidate will work 100% remotely from home anywhere in the USA and will need to work an East Coast schedule. (Core Working Hours 8:00am-5:00pm Eastern)
WHERE YOUR CAREER IS A FORCE FOR GOOD (Key Responsibilities):
- Design and implement applications and solutions that integrate with enterprise data management systems, including data warehouses, data lakes, and data integration tools.
- Lead and mentor a team of developers to ensure that best practices are followed and high-quality code is produced.
- Define and enforce coding standards and best practices, and ensure that these standards are followed by the development team.
- Develop and communicate application design documentation intended for both business and technical audiences.
- Design user flows, platform architecture, software patterns, and data models to support current and long-term business needs.
- Design and develop proof-of-concepts, prototypes, reference architectures, and implementations as needed to support the technical planning of platform and business projects.
- Develop technical specifications and design documents that outline the architecture and design of .NET-based applications and solutions.
- Keep up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends, and evaluate new tools and technologies for potential use in projects.
- Partner with other technical staff, platform leadership, business partners, as well as functional leads in areas such as Security, Privacy, IT Compliance, Business Intelligence, and Data Governance to ensure that FMTG’s platform capabilities are meeting the needs and standards of diverse stakeholders.
- Collaborate with DevOps teams to ensure that applications and solutions are deployed and maintained in a secure and reliable manner.
- Work with operations engineers to troubleshoot and identify resolutions for user-reported issues.
- The annual salary range for this position is $150K – $175K.
- We do not offer an annual bonus for this role. Note that American Red Cross salaries are aligned to the specific geographic location in which the work is primarily performed.
- Other factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role.
- **We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location & experience.**
Scope: Individual contributor that works under limited supervision. Apply subject matter knowledge. Capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge.
Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. The American Red Cross does not sponsor employment visas.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (required/minimum qualifications):
- 10 + years of broad experience in the information technology with depth in sub-disciplines of business architecture, information architecture and application/technical architecture and breadth across all disciplines in a large global corporation.
- 7+ years of experience with C#/.NET development. Experience in both .NET Framework and .NET Core is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server development. Experience with performance tuning is strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with SPA development (especially Angular and Typescript).
- Experience with test automation tools (especially Jasmine and Karma) is preferred
- Experience using source control tools (especially Git) and CI/CD tools (especially Jenkins and Nexus) is preferred
- Experience implementing cloud-native solutions (especially Azure) is strongly preferred.
- Experience with microservices and containerization technologies (especially Docker) is preferred
- 3+ years of experience providing technical leadership on software development projects. Must be able to support the development team throughout the SDLC and advocate for Agile and DevOps best practices. Experience working on a hybrid onshore/offshore development team is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience designing and architecting software solutions. Must be able to communicate solution architectures to IT and business stakeholders using diagrams and textual descriptions. Must be able to learn the business context surrounding the technical solution. Must be able to articulate the business value of architectural improvements.
- Ability to Lead/mentor/guide a team of developers (mix of onshore and offshore), providing technical guidance
- 3+ years of experience designing SQL relational data models and experience with data governance is preferred.
- An understanding of software design patterns, architecture styles and methodologies (especially TOGAF) is strongly preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must be available to start work at 8:00 AM Eastern Time.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (preferred qualifications:
- Exposure to data integration tools such as Informatica (especially PowerCenter, IICS, MFT) and familiarity with data transformation and ETL processes.
- Exposure to large-scale data environments, including data warehousing and analytics platforms such as Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, or Google BigQuery.
- Experience working with data driven teams and organizations such as Enterprise Data.
- Developer or Architect level cloud certifications (especially AWS or Azure).
Combination of candidate’s education and general experience satisfies requirements so long as the total years equate to description’s minimum education and general experience years combined (Management experience cannot be substituted).
BENEFITS FOR YOU:
- We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work, retirement, getting healthy and more. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance and learn.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Plans
- Health Spending Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts
- PTO + Holidays
- 401K with up to 4% Match
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
- Service Awards and Recognition
Browse Related Categories:
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more